Valentine’s Day Cookies were the perfect accompaniment to my daughter’s Valentine’s themed Birthday Party The party was a success and the Baked Brie was a hit. It made it to my personal archive of things I will make again. My house was full of laughter, fun, and yummy treats. No one left hungry and everyone left happy.That is what makes a perfect Valentine’s Day Party.
Parties aren’t fun without cookies and I will admit as much as I like homemade cookies it just isn’t in my schedule. I love buying the Store Brand refrigerated cookie dough and baking up delicious treats with a twist.
This time I made Valentine’s Day Cookies with sugar cookie dough, chocolate frosting, and red/white sparkling sugar sprinkles. The best part was I saved because I used ingredients I already had at home. The only thing I bought was the sugar cookie dough. By purchasing the Store Brand I saved even more.
The cookies combine my favorite sugar cookies with chocolate.
You need 1 roll of Store Brand Sugar Cookie Dough
1 container of Frosting (use leftover frosting if you have it)
Sparkling Sugar Sprinkles or cake sprinkles
- Bake your Store Brand Sugar Cookie Dough according to package directions.
- Microwave cake frosting in 20 second intervals until it is smooth enough to dip cookies into.
- Dip cookies into frosting. Get creative you can cover them all the way or only half. (If you are using leftover frosting and it isn’t deep enough to dip then take a spoon and carefully coat the cookie)
- Make sure the frosting isn’t dripping and then sprinkle with sparkling sugar sprinkles. (Do this over a bowl so you can reuse the sprinkles that don’t stick.
- Let chocolate and sprinkles set on cookies.
- Serve and eat
Check out our Valentine’s Day posts:
- Valentine’s Day Recipes
- Valentine’s Day Crafts
- Valentine’s Day Gifts
- Valentine’s Day Ideas
- Valentine’s Day Deals