Tag Archives for " sore throat "
How to cure a Sore Throat Naturally- Springtime is here! And we all know what that means, springtime colds and allergies. There are plenty of things that can make your have a sore throat, Like allergies, sickness, smoking, singing, dry air, and even acid reflux. So the chances of you getting a sore throat soon, are pretty good. Check out these natural ways to cure a sore throat that may keep you away from the pharmacy counter or doctors office!
1. Gargle- A great way to sooth a sore throat is to gargle. You can do this using warm water and 1/2 a tsp of salt. It really does make a difference in how your throat feels. Can’t get past the taste of saltwater? Try Raspberry Tea, Pour boiling water over 2 raspberry tea leafs and let cool slightly. It gives you the relief you need, and tastes better than the saltwater.
2. Drink Cider Vinegar- You can either gargle it by adding 1/2 a cup of cider vinegar to a cup of warm water, or you can make a mixture of 1 tablespoon cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon of honey, and 8 oz of warm water for a soothing drink. (sip it before is gets cold though)
3. Horseradish Cocktail- This sore throat cure is what the Russians swear by: Combine 1 tablespoon pure horseradish with 1 tsp of honey, and 1 tsp of ground cloves and add it to warm water. Instant relief!
4. Make a Citrus Drink- Combine 1 tablespoon of lemon juice(or lime juice) and honey into warm water and sip. It will coat your throat and make you feel of so much better.
5. Eat a Popsicle- We all know that something cold on a sore throat is a good thing. Just make sure not to suck the popsicle, because this may irritate your throat further. Just bite small pieces off and let it melt in your mouth.
6. Indulge in your favorite hard candy– Popping a hard candy in your mouth is great for sore throats because the sugars in the candy are good for sore throats, and the candy will also keep your throat and mouth nice and moist.
7. Make a Steam Tent- Steam tents are great for not only sore throats, but colds in general. Position your face over a steaming bowl of water and put a towel over your head, breathe deep and wait for the relief to begin!
8. Water, Water, Water- We all know staying hydrated is imperative to feeling better when you are sick, and it is a great way to keep your throat lubricated so it doesn’t get dry and irritated.
9. Garlic- This is an Amish remedy that is particularly wonderful for helping with Strep. Slice a clove of garlic in half and stick 1 piece on each sides of your cheek, and suck on it like a cough drop. Also make sure to gently bite down on the garlic every once in awhile (make sure not to bite it half) just enough to release the chemical allicin, which is known to kill the bacteria that causes strep!
10. Heated Salt- This is a great external way to bring down swelling from your throat, without having to drink anything. Pour 3 cups of salt into a sock and heat in the microwave for 1 minute, then place the sock on your throat. This will bring down inflammation that may be causing your sore throat.
Looking for some more awesome home remedies? Check out this book filled with 1801 home remedies for all types of ailments!
Topic: How to cure a sore throat naturally