Shaving is a natural part of the woman’s world. It is also a part of a man’s world. I don’t know about you, but I hate paying between $3-$7 for a decent shaving cream. Not to mention that they usually come in aerosol cans and those are definitely not good for the environment. Now I know that the shaving creams we buy are awesome. Why? Well they’re scented! Yep, you’re paying that much money for an artificial scent! Well I’m going to show you how to make your own Homemade Shaving Cream, whether you want it scented or unscented.
Ever wondered what women did before makeup was invented? At one point we used all the natural resources that were given to us instead of paying $50 for some miracle treatment that’s been tested on animals and is loaded with chemicals you didn’t know existed! Beauty truly was a natural thing back in the day and boy do I wish I lived then. Here are some creative ways to not only save you money, but to be naturally beautiful (and healthier)!
– Can be enhanced with any type of oil or butter and really does work!
– Just brush it on with a lash brush or your finger works as well and no more racoon eyes!
– You can use charcoal for a shaded look if you need that black smoky look
*Since I rarely wear makeup I actually would use anything greasy last minute if I didn’t have anything on me.
– You can use any kind of fruit to enhance the color of your lips just decide on a shade.
– Beets, pomegranite, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and rasberries all work great.
– You can even use a bit of coco powder or cinnamon to add a brown hue.
– Chop or mash your fruit and heat in the microwave for a few seconds to bring out the juices more easily
– Then mix olive oil, or petroleum jelly, vitamin E oil, aloe vera (store bought or from your own plant), coconut oil and powdered sugar until you get a satisfactory consistency.
– You can keep out any of the powder if you want a more glossy look or for lip gloss.
– Just brush it on with a lip brush or your finger works as well
*This can all be used as a cream base for your cheeks as well depending on the shade.
– You can natural make a bronzer out of your favorite sweet seasonings!
– Grab cocoa powder, cinnamon, or even nutmeg and mix with some powdered sugar (or even flour if you aren’t kean on the sugar), add more light powder depending on the hue needed.
– If you even wanted to make a compact out of this with an old one, just add a few drops of an essential oil to help bind the powder together and press firmly into your old compact
– Tea tree oil works like benzoyl peroxide without all the rough parts like stinging and dryness. It reduces bacteria on the skin.
– Lemongrass Oil helps treat acne as a toner when you add a few drops to a cotton ball. Oily skin only not for dry complexions
– Raspberry Seed Oil or Avocado will reduce the puffy red look to any last minute pop ups. Just add to the infected area before applying any makeup.
– Lemons/lemon juice are a great remedy for blackheads because they contain Alpha Hydroxy Acid
– Nutmeg can help with reducing scars and blemishes. Just mix a little with some raw milk or honey and leave on face for about an hour.
– Lavender Oil helps relax and relieve stress as well as an antiseptic.
Thanks to Randi Poole for sharing these homemade beauty recipes!
Do you love to write? Or can do crafts or have fun ideas for articles. MadameDeals is hiring! Apply now! Check out my >>> Job Board
We talked about exfoliating, we talked about lotions, so what shall we talk about now? Well let me ask you this, is your hair dull? Is it lacking that luster from your younger days? We all hear about the “crazy” things our friends do to their hair, but what if you could do it with items right from your pantry? I know that because I dye my hair, it can become dull, and lifeless, well it did until I discovered these neat tricks.
Before doing any of these things, wash and condition your hair like normal.Continue reading
Open your bathroom mirror, your purse, your makeup bag, and yes even your linen closet, I know you have a secret stash of beauty products in there. Now take a close look, no, a really close look. How much of it do you REALLY use, before it becomes just another clumped up mess at the bottom of your trash can? If you’re like me I know how much that hurts our pocket, not to mention your skin. I can almost bet, and probably win, that you suffer from sensitive skin and those products are essential to you. Well, did you know that you can make almost every single one of those products that you just pitched without having to go to a specialty store? You can make these products in just minutes and from ingredients found in your very own pantry and for a fraction of the cost.
Exfoliate With StrawberriesContinue reading