Tag Archives for " designer clothes "
I have a crazy habit. I am addicted to shoes and clothes. I love designer clothing. I unfortunately do not have a wallet that matches my habit. I also live with in my budget. I only charge what I can pay off that week. I found these amazing boots. They are KATE SPADE. I found them at Marshals for $79.99. Yikes! That is 1/3 of their retail cost but out of my budget. I had $65 left of my holiday money from my husband. We each get $100 for holiday gifts. I bought the boots anyway. I over spent by $20. This was fine because I have a $20 all about me budget each week so I was going to apply that.
I decided I need a new shirt to go with the boots so I went to work to find a deal. I scoured the internet until I found them on eBay. I bought them with shipping for $48 and I returned the $79.99 ones. I was under budget and my feet just love Kate Spade! The moral of the story is do not put on the item and go home and research to see if you can get the item for less. I can’t wait to find my shirt with the money I saved!
This week I hope you dance is part of my pay it forward FRIDAY. I believe that a dress can make an event. I also know how expensive they are. we all have one in our closet that we spent to much on. I have a couple that I would never wear again but I spent a lot on them so they are still in there. This week I am taking three of the dresses that I haven’t worn in awhile and I am donating them to Donate My Dress. I believe giving someone else the opportunity to experience feeling like a million bucks is priceless.
Come on and donate a dress with me. Leave a comment if you can help!
This is what I spent my fashion cash on this week. I love clothes. I adore shopping and we know I like a good deal. What you do not know is I try to buy ahead. I go through the kids clothes each season and determine what we need. I realized that I sold all my older son’s clothes for 3t. I am now replacing them. My husband said well just buy the oldest nice clothes so you can pass them down. I said great plan but do you intend for the baby to be naked for a year. I like hand me downs but I think every kids should have one or two new thing. I got each of the outfit sets above for just $5 each at Walmart.
Here is my advice if you look in the mirror and “think does this look good.” The answer is take it off. I mean you know if something looks good on you or not. If your teenager wears it you should not. If you would be confused for a teenager take it off and give it to a teenager that needs clothes. I also say get rid of the mom jeans. There is a reason why they make bras and your jeans are not meant to hold up your boobs.
If your boobs are showing cover them. When you bend over if you can see your belly button pick a different shirt. If you bend down and I can see you “plumbers” crack get a belt. If you have underwear with words on them make sure they do not say, “your boyfriend says hi” especially if you are married. That mean read your underwear carefully prior to selecting it. I did not.
You should also not wear anything you wore to bed in public. That means take out your hair rollers when in public. The point is to have nice curls that people think are natural. Do not spoil the myth. You should also not wear sweat shirts with kittens unless you are in elementary school or a nursing home. I am also here to advise you that the hair cut where you shave one side of your head and not the other was not a good idea in 2011 and it is not a good idea in 2012.
It is important to note that in 2012 you should not wear any clothing that you can find in a box at CVS. You should also not carry a purse that looks physically looks like an animal. If you choose to wear tight please do so under a dress. They are not meant to be worn without something on top. That is why they have the lines and the crotch thing.
I also advise not wear flip flops in the winter if it is cold out. Yes, I saw someone in a winter coat and flip flops. If you have are going to wear shoes winter shoes are suggested. You can not make your “sandals work” by wearing socks. This is also true with flats. You should wear knee highs not white running socks with flats.
The last request is from one of my fans, unless your house is on fire, you shouldn’t wear pjs out of the house. I think 2012 will be a wonderful year filled with happiness and laughter and more fashion disasters. I look forward to helping you avoid them
What do you think people should not wear in 2012?
Halloween is soon approaching. It is a scary holiday based on more than just witches and warlocks. The prices for Halloween costumes are outlandish. Here are my tips for a frugal freight on a budget.
1) Buy items the year before on clearance
2) Purchase items that you can wear long after Halloween
3) Only buy accessories to make the outfit a costume
4) Think outside the box and be creative with what you have on hand.
5) Host a costume swap and ask to trade items that no longer fit your children for something that does.
We have a large BOODAY party each year and we dress up as a family. This year we were the characters from the Cat and The Hat.
I was the Cat and the Hat. I purchased accesories from Costume Express for $16.99. The black pants and shirts are from my closet. I bought 1 yard of felt for $3.00. I used the felt for my children’s costume.
Then it was time to make the costumes for thing one and thing 2. I grabbed red shirts out of their closet. Then I took a plate and made circles one the felt. I cute them out. I bought black fabric pain for $1 and blue hair color for $2.49. I found Dr. Seuss stickers for $9.99. We used these as party decorations so they were a multipurpose purchase.
Then we created the costume for the narrator for my husband. He carried around the Cat and The Hat book from the library. We found a red shirt in his closet and put a stick of his character on his shirt. The cost of his costume $.25
The final costume was my daughter’s she was Sally. We placed stickers on here tutu outfit. We currently have a tutu issue. She wears one everywhere so embrace it right? Her costume was ordered on Ebay for $30.00.
It is that time already. The time to empty your empty wallet and buy school supplies and school clothes. I am a mom of three and two are in school. I often think I work just to keep them from being naked. I have come up with a couple of tips to keep my expenses down and my children in style.
1) Hand me downs are super!
The tip to receiving great hand me downs is find a friend or family member with a child who is older than yours. Then you ask for their clothes when they are done. I also organize a clothing swap with parents in the neighborhood. I find that if you have a large number of people you can score a lot of great items.
2) You need to go on a treasure hunt and really document what your child has. You need to look everywhere and anywhere and take a n inventory. We often overbuy and that is wasteful. (I am still mastering not overbuying for my daughter the fashionable two year old.) I take my list that I keep in my purse. Then I mark off items as I buy them.
3) Buy items as you need them and when you see them on sale. I often see people that rush out and buy their child’s whole fall wardrobe at once this is quick but not inexpensive.
4) I use my credit card rewards from Discover Card to buy gift cards. I put everything on my credit cards and every Thursday night I pay it off. This way I “extra” money. They also have deals where when you use your reward dollars you can buy larger amount credit cards. It is like getting free money twice.
5) Buy items when they are on sale and use coupons. I also ask relatives to give the kids a small gift and gift cards for holidays. Then when it is time to go shopping they are able to budget. There are also several sites that you can buy other people’s gift cards for less than the value of the cards. I love plastic jungle and I have been able to snag cards at 20% off. Then I pair those cards with a coupon and I have a huge sale on the items the kids need.
6) Sell their old clothes and use the money to buy new clothes. I sell clothes at the local consignment shop or on Craigs list and on ebay.
Here is a link to ALL my fashion secrets.
What is your best school shopping tip ?