Tag Archives for " back to school "
It’s almost that time guys! The end of the school year is looming closer and closer. I know my kids are ready for it, and honestly, so am I! I love spending the summers with my kids. I’m also super thankful for the teachers that take care of them during their time in school. I mean, they have our children for around 7 hours a day! So we have to make sure they know we appreciate all they do for us and our kids. Every year i always want to make sure I show my kids teachers that their hard work has not gone unnoticed so I make little teachers gifts to show that we care! Continue reading
It’s that time of year and many people are getting ready for back to school. One group of people are probably out there spending more than even the most last-minute school supply shopping mom: teachers. Teachers have more shopping to do at this time of year than anyone else. So below we have listed some great Back to School Teacher’s Discounts that are just for them!Continue reading
It’s back to school time again and if you’re shopping for school uniform make sure to check out our uniform style ideas that you can get for girls. These Back to School Girl’s Uniform are not just nice but they are affordable too.Continue reading
The cost of college is expensive enough before the cost of Dorm Room supplies and necessities are factored in.
When school starts, you want to be sure that your child is eating a healthy lunch. Having lunch at school can be expensive and lets face it, they may not be as healthy or as tasty as something you made at home. If you follow a few of our 5 ways to save money when packing school lunches you can be sure that your child is eating something that tastes great and is also good for them.
1. Make or buy large batches of things like pudding, chips, cereal bar treats, cheese slices and veggie sticks. Put them in reusable containers or snack baggies to make your own individual servings. This will save lots of money compared to buying pre–packaged single servings for school lunches.
2. Bento box lunches are similar to Lunchables except you have control over the ingredients that go into them. These containers have different sized compartments. Use fruit, veggies, crackers, sandwich meats to fill the different compartments. Your kids will love the bento box and the variety of foods they get to have at lunch.
3. Invest in a Thermos. Make a big pot of soup/stew or even a favorite casserole. The Thermos will keep your child’s lunch warm until it’s time to eat and this will save you money in the long run.
4. Leftovers from last night’s dinner can be packed for lunch. Use a Thermos to keep food warm. Certain foods like leftover chicken or pizza may even be enjoyed cold.
5. Go to the dollar store and stock up on baggies, napkins, plastic forks, spoons and different sized containers. The dollar store savings will quickly add up.
By using some of our 5 ways to save money when packing school lunches, you can rest assured that your kids are getting a healthy and delicious lunch. Packing your own school lunches give you control over the ingredients, flavors and the cost. Your wallet and your child will thank you!
Surprise your kids by adding a fun note to their lunch boxes, check out these printable lunch box notes:
Here are some cool lunch boxes deals:
For more back to school tips, check out these: