Bring some Irish to your front door with this Straw Hat Decoration .
Everyone will be all smiles when they see your door decorated with this Cute Straw Hat Decoration for St. Patrick’s Day. The best part is all items can be purchased at the dollar store and assembled in less than 15 minutes. It is so much better than window clings also because it is simple to store and reuse for next year.
Straw Hat Decoration Supplies List:
9 inch straw hat
St. Patrick’s Day Headband
Black Permanent Marker
Hot Glue Gun or Tacky Glue (Tacky Glue works best with kids but does take longer to dry. If you are using hot glue make sure to have something to press the objects down onto the hot glue or you will burn your fingers.)
19 inches of Ribbon for bow(width is your choice)
2- 8 inch pieces of ribbon for bow.
Green or White Pom Poms (amount is up to you)
Wire, bread ties or Pipe Cleaner (to create hanger for the back)
Straw Hat Decoration Directions:
- Run wire thru the back of the hat. If you are using pipe cleaners you will need to glue them to back of hat.
Tip: If you you have a peep hole make sure you do it so you can still see out .
- Next glue the 2 – 8 inch ribbon pieces onto the bottom of the hat and trim ends at an angle.
- Fold the 18 inch piece of ribbon in half and using a pipe cleaner (or wire) wrap it around the middle to secure. Glue on top of ribbon pieces.
- Glue on eyes at top of dome of hat.
- Draw on eye lashes with magic marker. (you can also cut black pipe cleaner into small pieces and glue on)
- Glue on pom-pom(s) for nose
- Take a small piece of pipe cleaner and make a smile glue under nose.
- Cut off ends of the head band to fit over top of hat and glue onto flat edge of hat above dome.
Hang up your Straw Hat Decoration for St. Patrick’s Day and Enjoy!!!
Special Thanks to Judy H. for contributing.
Check out our St Patricks Day page for recipes, crafts and deals!
Topic: Straw Hat Decoration
Cook, Baker, Phototaker, Fitness Mover and Shaker, Cupcake Tester, Deal Maker, Adventurous Undertaker, Do Good “Deeder”, Teacher, Mom, Wife, Patriot for Life & Giver of Good Advice – RealAdviceGal