Every week we will showcase a slow cooker (crock-pot) recipe that one of the Mavens of Money have tried and tasted. By sharing we hope you will be able to save a little time during the week as we all know saving time is just as valuable as saving money. And you will be able to enjoy a hot meal at the end of your day.
This week’s recipe is Versatile Cheese Dip by Tabitha at Saving Toward A Better Life that is sure to to be perfect for the SuperBowl this weekend! Prep time should be about 15 minutes and will cook on low.
- 1 large loaf of cheese
- 2 cans Rotel (or any brand of diced tomatoes with onions and green chilies)
- 3/4 – 1 lb ground beef, chicken, turkey, etc (optional)
- Cut cheese loaf up into large cubes and put in slow cooker on high. Add Rotel.
- Brown and crumble hamburger meat. Drain grease. Add to slow cooker.
- Continue cooking on high, stirring as needed until cheese is completely melted.
- Serve poured over tortilla chips.
Notes – How to Make it Versatile:
- Make it with the ground beef meat and serve it over chips with a side of Spanish rice or refried beans
- Top your chips and dip with lettuce, sour cream and jalepenos for some rockin’ nachos!
- Make it without the hamburger meat and serve over hot dogs with chili sauce for Chili Cheese hotdogs
- Serve this with a can of Hormel chili and put both over the chips for Chili Cheese Nachos!\
Thanks The Centsible Family!