This Chicken Cacciatore Recipe is perfect for healthy, well rounded meal. Prep time should be about 15 minutes and will cook for six hours and yield about 8 servings. And it’s a Weight Watchers inspired recipe so it’s perfect for everyone.
Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
- 3 pounds uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 2 tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 can vegetable broth
- 3/4 tsp dried crushed oregano
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Place chicken in a 5-quart slow cooker. Add all ingredients and cook on high heat for 5 to 6 hours or on low heat for 6 to 8 hours. Yields about 1 cup per serving and can be served alone, over rice or whole wheat pasta or with breadsticks.
Weight Watchers Points: 5
This recipe is Chicken Cacciatore by Mackenzie at The Centsible Family