Each Thursday during the Fall and Winter The Centsible Family will showcase a slow cooker (crock-pot) recipe that one of the Mavens of Money have tried and tasted. By sharing we hope you will be able to save a little time during the week as we all know saving time is just as valuable as saving money. And you will be able to enjoy a hot meal at the end of your day.
This week’s recipe is Beer BBQ Chicken by Sharon at Mom on Dealz that is sure to add some flavor to your normal dinner menu! Prep time should be about 5 minutes and will cook for eight hours on low or 4 hours on high.
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast
- 32 ounce BBQ sauce (thin is best)
- 12 ounce beer (or chicken broth)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Combine ingredients in crockpot and cook on low 8 hours or high 4 hours.
- Remember not to open the lid or add 30 minutes to the cooking time for each time.
- Perfect for a DOUBLE BATCH!
- Add even more flavor by picking a BBQ sauce with some flavor or spices already added: Chipotle, Brown Sugar, Honey, etc.