I needed to add some color to our football snack table and some sweetness. So I decided to shake things up last Sunday with a new recipe.
Skittles® Sugar Cookie Bars Recipe
- 1/2 c.unsalted butter (softened)
- 1c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 t. baking soda
- 1 c Skittles
- Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees and foil and grease a 9×13 pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla, mixing thoroughly.
- Add the flour, mixing in three additions and mix in the salt and baking soda in between the flour additions, mixing until all is incorporated. Using a large wooden spoon, mix in 1 cup of the Skittles
- Spread the batter evenly into the pan and press the remaining half cup of Skittles onto the top of the batter.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not over bake.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing into 24 bars.
What are your family favorite football snacks? Do you serve up the same recipes week after week or do you like to shake things up? I hope you enjoy our sugar cookie bars recipe and will share your favorite recipes in the comments below!