Lost in the sea of pumpkin recipes that are flooding the season of all things pumpkin is the ho hum cream cheese pumpkin dip. It firmly holds onto it’s place in the pumpkin recipe realm because it is so easy to whip up.
How do you raise pumpkin dip out of obscurity and back into the limelight it deserves? The solution must be remain simple as not to destroy the pumpkin dips most redeeming quality.
Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip Recipe
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
- 1 C powdered sugar
- ½ C canned pumpkin
- 2 T sour cream
- 1 t cinnamon
- ½ t nutmeg
- 3 T caramel topping, warmed 20 seconds in the microwave
- Pretzel salt
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese and sugar with a hand mixer.
- Add the pumpkin, sour cream, and spices. Mix well.
- Pour into a serving bowl. Pour the caramel topping onto the top of the dip with a spoon, in circles.
- With a knife, pull the tip through from the outside edge to the center for the design in the pictures. If you’d like a spiderweb design, go from the center out.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Serve and enjoy!
Unlike other popular dips like salsa or guacamole, the pumpkin dip is not limited to just a handful of options to serve as dippers. Pretzels, graham crackers, apples, marshmallows, animal crackers, pears, ginger snaps, and vanilla wafers and more can be dipped into Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip.
Check out MadameDeals’ collection of Pumpkin Recipes!
Are your friends still serving ho hum boring pumpkin dips? Be sure to share our recipe with them.