Recipes for Kids to Cook
My daughter is 7 and loves to cook. Hope everyone enjoys making this with their kids.
There are a lot of ways you can change the recipe around to fit your family’s taste buds. Normally I would have used tuna but my daughter doesn’t care for tuna so we used chicken instead.
Recipes for Kids to Cook: Chicken and Broccoli Roll-ups
Chicken and Broccoli Roll-ups
- 1 can of chicken
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- Package of frozen broccoli – I use the steam bags of broccoli
- Pepper to taste
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Durkee onions
- About 6 large tortillas
- Grease a casserole dish and set aside.
- Take your milk, cheese, cream of chicken soup and pepper and mix together. Set about a quarter of it to the side (you’ll pour it on top at the end).
- In the larger amount of the mixture in your large bowl add your chicken and your broccoli (if you steam or cook the broccoli first your cooking time is less, I use the steam bags for 2 reasons kids can cook them easily and they are quick with no mess) and mix it all up .
- Place your tortilla on a flat surface and put some of your mixture in the middle and roll and place in the dish. Keep doing this until all of your filling is gone. Pour the mixture you set aside on top and then sprinkle some durkee onions on top.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes. Longer if the broccoli wasn’t pre cooked.
Thanks to Heidi G. for sharing this recipes with us!
Also, check out these other recipes for kids to cook:
Find more Dinner Recipes for Kids!
Make sure to visit our Recipes Kids Can Make page for more yummy and easy to make recipes that kids will love!
Don’t forget to also check out our other Recipes!
Do you love to write? Or can do crafts or have fun ideas for articles. MadameDeals is hiring! Apply now! Check out my >>> Job Board
Topic: Recipes for Kids to Cook