If you have to or want to be both gluten free and dairy free then you know it can be a challenge to figure out what’s for dinner. More restrictions and limitations on your diet means you need to be even more creative when you are trying to create something new that everyone will eat.
A great tuna frittata starts with quality tuna. I love Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna because from the moment you open the can you can see that you have quality tuna. The tuna has a firm texture, light color, and tastes fresh. You can check out the full nutritional facts on their website.
Quick Frittata Recipe with Tuna
2 Tbsp butter
4 garlic cloves – crushed
6 spring onions – finely sliced
12 0z can Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna
- Pre heat oven broiler to a low setting
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk
- Peel and smash garlic cloves
- Slice green onions.
5. Heat the butter in a frying pan and fry the spring onion and garlic, over a medium-low heat, until softened. (around 5 minutes) Add the tuna and stir.
6. Pour the eggs over the tuna and onions
7. Allow the bottom to cook (2 -3 minutes) and then transfer to the grill (broiler) until the egg is cooked through. (around 2-3 mins)
8.Slice and serve.
How to make Frittata Recipes Healthy:
I don’t always think of frittata as a healthy dish, especially when it is loaded with cheese, potatoes, or fatty meats like bacon. Try replacing the ham with tuna or seafood for a lighter option. Skip the cheese and potateos.
Can you freeze frittata?
Yes, you can. We raise our own chickens and sometimes we end up with several dozen eggs. I make and freeze several frittatas to ensure we don’t waste any eggs. Wrap them tightly before freezing. Then I thaw out a frittata when we need an easy meal. Reheat in the oven rather than in the microwave.
I hope you enjoy this quick frittata recipe with tuna. I would love for you to share your favorite recipes for tuna in the comments below.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.