Mother’s Day Recipe – Sweet Tulip Pop Treat
Tulips are my favorite flower, so when I came across this tulip cookie cutter I just had to get it! With Mother’s Day right around the corner, you might be looking for a sweet treat to spoil a mom in your life with. Here is a pretty simple, but pretty way to do so.
Mother’s Day Recipe
- 6 cups rice cereal
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- red food coloring
- white chocolate chips
- sprinkles of your choice
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 2-3 drops of red food coloring once all is melted. In a separate bowl mix rice cereal with melted marshmallow mixture.
- Pat into a 9 x 13 pan and allow to cool and set up.
- Once they are set enough that they will hold together, take your cookie cutter and cut through the treats. You may need to use a sharp knife to get them out of the pan.
- Place on wax paper. I cut 4 tulips and my kids ate the leftovers! Then take a lollipop stick and gently place in bottom of rice treat.
- Melt the white chocolate chips according to the package directions.
- Next, you will spoon the melted white chocolate over the tulip pops on all sides.
- Place on wax paper once it is completely covered.
- Now add your sprinkles while the chocolate is still warm.
- Allow to cool.
Display Your Mother’s Day Creation
To display as a flower arrangement, I added some ribbon to each stick. I then placed some floral foam in the bottom of my vase, added the tulip pops on top, added a little filling (Easter grass or some shredded paper would look way better!), and tied a ribbon around my vase.
Any mom (or your kids, in my case!) will be thrilled to see this pretty vase full of tulip pops just waiting for them!
Thanks to Abby W. for sharing this Mother’s Day Recipe!