Making an Impression at Blogger Bash
This Real Advice Gal is heading to New York City this summer to attend Blogger Bash! I had such a great time last year. I can’t wait to see all the gals I met last year and I am always excited to meet new people and make new friends. I also love connecting with new brands and building relationships with companies. Since I will be meeting so many new people I am taking a moment to reflect on how I will be making an impression.
Top 5 tips for making an impression:
1. Dress to Impress – You know I am a big fan of dresses. I love them even more when I am traveling. They are so easy to pack and take up very little space in the suitcase. More importantly they are easy to dress up or down with the right accessories. I also think a dress looks very professional and that is very important when making an impression with new brands.
2. Set some goals – While Blogger Bash is full of fun and a fabulous party you still want to make sure that you have a plan for how and what you are looking to get out of it to help you grow your business. I recommend selecting your top 3 brands to connect with and figuring out your elevator pitch (See Tip #3). I would also recommend looking ahead at your upcoming year and determine which projects you might want to collaborate with other bloggers on or what type of partnerships you think will help you the most. Then at the conference focus on building those relationships.
3. Have an elevator pitch ready – Ideally you should have several elevator pitches ready and customized to your goals. Are you searching for sponsors or collaborators for an upcoming project? Can you tell people who you are and what you do in 30 seconds or less? An elevator pitch should be 20-30 seconds long, creative and persuasive. You want to spark an interest in yourself, your blog, your organization, or your project. Don’t forget to practice your elevator pitches!
4. Develop a system to categorize and organize contacts – You will be talking to a lot of people and brands and gathering a ton of business cards. Your head will bespinning with ideas and potential partnerships. You need a way to denote leads and contacts. You might break it down into many categories but I think at least two are essential. First separate brands from bloggers. Then in each of those categories I sort the contacts in order of level of interest or potential. So if I had a great luncheon with a fellow blogger and we have a greed to collaborate on something I would mark that with a red dot as “hot” meaning when I get home I know I need to take action sooner rather than later to keep. If I chatted with a brand and they are very interested in working with me then I also mark them as “hot” so I give them attention right away. If I sense a brand or blogger interest is low but I still want to follow up because there was a small spark I will mark them “warm” with a yellow dot. If I am very interested in a brand or blogger and the interest was not reciprocated I would mark that contact as “cold” with a blue dot and put them on the back burner for the time being. Do whatever works for you just have a plan or you will find yourself in a river of business cards without a paddle.
5. Have fun! You are in New York at the biggest party of the year! It is a bash after all! Enjoy the food! Enjoy your new friends! Enjoy the view! All work and no play makes for a grumpy blogger at the end of the day! If you have never been to a conference, you need our packing list! Take care of these details before you go so you can relax and have some fun!
Blogger Bash is happening on Thursday, July 16, 2015 at 10:00 AM – Friday, July 17, 2015 at 8:00 PM (EDT). New York, NY.
It’s not too late to get your ticket for Blogger Bash, use our exclusive coupon code ameec to get ticket discount. Order your tickets here.
Blogger Bash sponsors include LeapFrog, Activision, Disney Interactive, VTech, Care Bears, Peanuts, Anne Geddes, Good Enough Mother, and Canadian Lentils.