Low Calorie Recipes: Rice Cereal Chicken and Rice
Our first Recipe in our Low Calorie Recipes series!
Today, I am going to share one of my favorite Low calorie recipes with you! This is super easy to make, and really yummy! The whole meal clocks in at only 356 calories!
Low Calorie Recipes: Rice Cereal Chicken with a teriyki orange marmalade sauce and wild rice
You will need:
For the Chicken:
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
4 cups crispy rice cereal
1/2 teaspoon orange zest
salt and pepper
2 egg whites
1 tablespoon low sodium teriyaki sauce
1 1/2 pounds of skinless chicken breast (cut into tenders)
For the sauce:
1/2 cup low-sugar orange marmalade
1 tablespoon low-sodium teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon lemon (or lime) juice
Directions for Low Calorie Recipes: Rice Cereal Chicken:
- Put the sesame seeds in a small nonstick skillet on medium heat and heat until seeds are brown and fragrant (about 5 minuets) then set aside to cool. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Put the cereal in a plastic storage bag and crush with a rolling pin (or flat side of a tenderizer) until they are coarsely crushed.
- In a shallow bowl combine the toasted sesame seeds, crushed cereal, and orange zest. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- In a second shallow bowl, beat the egg whites with the teriaki sauce.
- Dip each chicken chicken tender into the egg mixture, and then into the cereal mixture pressing to coat well.
- Place the chicken on a rack on a baking sheet that is misted lightly with the cooking spray.
7. Cook the chicken at 425 degrees for 20 minuets or until the crust is golden brown.
8. While the chicken is cooking, combine the marmalade and teriyaki sauce in a small sauce pan over medium heat and heat until well melted and combined. Remove from heat and add in the lemon juice.
9. Cook your favorite rice and serve on the side!
There you have it! An easy, and healthy dinner that takes only about 30 minuets to make! And under 400 calories!
Check out some of our other yummy Low Calorie Recipes (along with some other yummy recipes)!
What are some of your favorite Low Calorie Recipes?