How to Look Younger
I am entering my 40th year on Earth and I think I look pretty close to what I looked like 20 years ago. I was recently at a wedding and someone I hadn’t seen in 20 years told me I aged well. I am sure that is a compliment so it got me thinking. What have I done to “age well”. Then I thought about how to look younger and this is what I came up with.
2) Wear sunscreen they even make one in chocolate. I know crazy right? They have chocolate sunscreen. I wear a 50 on my face everyday no matter what the weather is then I always buy foundations with sunscreen in them as well.
3) Wash your face and put on a like cln moisturizer
4) Find a foundation that matches your skin. There are several options available at the drug store and with a coupon they are under ten bucks. I know there are drug stores that allow you try the make up and if it doesn’t work take it back. I also have gone and bought a foundation in the department store just make sure before you buy it you go outside and see if it noticeable. You want something that doesn’t look like you are wearing anything. If it looks like make up you do not want that. You want one that looks like your skin only better.
5) Stand up tall. If you slouch or appear to look well beyond your years. I was told the other day that she knew I was coming because she noticed my walk. I walk with a purpose and I am not afraid to be noticed. Confidence and poise is a great way to look younger.
6) Wear the right bra. Yes, I am going there if your boobs are to the ground then you look older. I mean they make garments that place them back to when you were 20 use them.
7) Go to the gym or work out daily. It only takes 30 minutes and it will greatly improve how you feel and how you look. We have this great 30 day challenge that you can do at home give it a try. If you can’t leave your house you can still work out there are free videos online we have a whole list of free exercise videos here.
8) Make sure your teeth are white. I truly believe that yucky teeth make you look older we have a great post on how to whiten your teeth. I suggest you do this now!
9) Wear a great shade of lipstick that compliments your personality and your complexion. I am a red girl and let me tell you people always make comments about my lipstick.
10) Wear clothes that not only fit your shape but that are age appropriate. I have the body to wear the short shorts and the dress that show everything but they make you look cheap and frankly they make you look like you are trying to be 20.
11) Have confidence nothing says I look good then feeling good about yourself. You can tell when someone believes in themselves and when someone doesn’t.
12) Find relationships that support you and make you feel good. There is nothing that ages you faster than being with someone who is a jerk. I am all about the adore me or be gone. You can read about how my husband does just that and we have been together for 18 years. These are the secrets to a happy marriage. I always say people treat you how you let them.
13) Relax and find something that you can do to take away your stress. I am a huge book nerd. I love to read so I make time for it everyday. Yes, I lock myself in the bathroom at 7:00 and take a bath with my book. The kids are under Daddy’s control. This is my list of must read books.
14) Form relationships or rekindle relationships with people who knew you back then. I love to revisit the past. I plan a girl’s trip once a year to remember what it was like back then and to catch up with my sisters for life. It is so important to not lose who you are. These are some of my girl’s vacation ideas.
15) Be proud of yourself count your accomplishments not your failures. We spend so much time being hard on ourselves and that ages us. You are doing a great job.
How to look younger is easily achieved by taking control and working on the things above. Looking young is also a state of mind!
How to Look Younger