Leftover Ham Recipes
Okay, So I am going to the store to buy a baked ham. I know I will need to reinvent it a couple of times to make it worth the cost. We have a craving for my sister’s famous sandwich: brie, ham, raspberry jam, toasted on a baguette. So I figured might as well make dinner too. I am also going to make some quiche for a friend with a new baby. Then I am going to make the Rachel Ray’s Ham sandwich with this yummy Apple Salad on top. We will eat the Apple salad with the baked ham for dinner and then we can have the leftovers via a yummy sandwich. I think I should be able to get my $20.00 out of this ham. What do you do with ham left over food?
Leftover Ham Recipes: Harvest Salad
- 1/4 CUP EXTRA-VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 2 TABLESPOONS RED WINE VINEGAR
- 1/2 SHALLOT, FINELY CHOPPED
- SALT AND PEPPER
- 3 RIBS CELERY, THINLY SLICED ON AN ANGLE
- 2 CRISP APPLES, SUCH AS BRAEBURN OR GALA, UNPEELED AND THINLY SLICED
- 1 SMALL HEAD RED LEAF LETTUCE, TORN INTO SMALL PIECES (ABOUT 8 CUPS)
- 1/2 SMALL HEAD GREEN LEAF LETTUCE, TORN INTO SMALL PIECES (ABOUT 4 CUPS)
- 1/3 CUP PUMPKIN SEEDS, TOASTED
- 1/2 BAR OF CHEESE
- IN A LARGE SALAD BOWL, WHISK TOGETHER THE OLIVE OIL, VINEGAR, SHALLOT, 3/4 TEASPOON SALT AND 1/2 TEASPOON PEPPER.
- ADD THE CELERY AND APPLES AND TOSS.
- ADD THE LETTUCES AND TOSS AGAIN.
- ADD THE CHEESE AND TOP WITH THE SEEDS.
- ADD THE SALAD ON WHOLE GRAIN BREAD
- ADD HAM
- SHREDDED GRUYÈRE CHEESE
Check out our other salad recipes:
Find out what we eat >>> Weekly MadameDeals Menu Plan