Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
I love chocolate and love to dip strawberries in it BUT have to watch my blood sugar levels so I try to reach for this fruit dip rather than chocolate whenever possible (though sometimes only chocolate will do!)
This recipe is not only great for children but is easy for children to make! No baking, minimum measuring. Beating is suggested–with regular beaters! If you use the “funny looking ones” (dough beaters) then you may have issues as pictured with the dip building up on the top of the beaters!
Kids Easy Recipes: Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- 1 pkg. Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup - 1 cup Brown sugar (yes, that is a large range...try 1/2 cup and taste..add more if you prefer!)
- 1/2 tbsp. vanilla
- Allow cream cheese to come to room temperature then beat the ingredients together.
- Serving suggestions: I first had this with strawberries but have learned to love it with blueberries, apples and pineapple sticks as well!
- If you are not watching carbs/ gluten then try it with various cookies and crackers such as ginger snaps, vanilla wafers and graham crackers.
- You may make this low fat by using the low fat cream cheese or fat free by using homemade cream cheese. The latter is easily created by draining fat free homemade yogurt overnight. The whey (or liquid that drains out) can be used in place of water in bread or other baking.
- The sweetener can be changed to agave nectar. You may also find that it is plenty sweet for you with a smaller amount of sweetener!
Thanks to Rachel for this Cream Cheese Fruit Dip recipe!
Find more Kids Snack Recipes!
Make sure to visit our Recipes Kids Can Make page for more yummy and easy to make recipes that kids will love to eat and make!
Don’t forget to also check out our other Recipes!