Kid Friendly Chicken Recipes
Many children do not want to eat chicken that is not breaded and in the shape of a nugget, dinosaur, or other fun shape. My daughter is the same unless it is covered in ketchup. I do not understand how she can ruin a perfectly tasty chicken recipe with a pile of ketchup but she insists it tastes better. I think she likes it because it covers up the taste of any seasonings or marinades that might be on the chicken because I never see her dip “fried” chicken in ketchup. We recently received a new grill from Rec Tec Grills and I had her help me prepare the menu for our 1st family barbecue with the new grill. She was super excited to help but nervous when I made her help with the marinades. I wanted her to overcome her fear of some of the spices and realize just because they are not tasty by themselves when you put them together they can create delicious flavors. So this is her Kid Friendly Chicken Recipes.
Kid Created and Approved – Kid Friendly Chicken Recipes
- 3 Lbs Boneless Chicken Breast, fat trimmed off
- 1 cup Italian Dressing
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder or 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- In Large Bowl, combine Italian Dressing with Garlic Powder,Onion Powder,and Ground Cumin.
- Mix well so that all ingredients are combined and distributed through out the liquid.
- Make sure the chicken breasts are cut down to portion sizes.
- Place in large bowl and seal with lid.
- Shake to cover the chicken breast with the marinade.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours or up to overnight.
- When ready to cook,Preheat grill to 425* (We cooked these on our Rec Tec Grill – link at bottom of post)
- Remove Chicken from marinade and cook on grill for 15 minutes each side.
- Remove and serve.
Don’t forget to check out our Review of the Rec Tec Grill.
If you love grilling recipes, check out these great ones.