Kid Cupcake Recipes – Chocolate Cookie Butter Cupcakes
Our Family is very fond of Cookie Butter and we love discovering new ways to incorporate it into our desserts. Any excuse to hop in the car and head to Trader Joe’s to stock up is reason enough. This week we decided that we were going to try our hand at this Kid Cupcake Recipes Chocolate Cookie Butter Cupcakes. Now I was pressed on time this week so I used a boxed cake mix and doctored it up and it turned out fabulous. I did make the frosting from scratch so you can consider them homemade. Once you try this recipe you will want to make another batch because they will disappear before your eyes.
Kid Cupcake Recipes- Chocolate Cookie Butter Cupcakes
- 1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix and ingredients required on box.
- 1/2 – 1 cup cookie butter
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup cookie butter
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Prepare Cake Mix according to directions.
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Place cupcake liners in each well of cupcake pan.
- Fill each cupcake pan 1/4 – 1/2 way full with cupcake batter.
- Place 1 Tbsp cookie butter on top.
- Cover with remaining cupcake batter.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
**I made 16 large cupcakes but if you used less batter and cookie butter you could make up to 24 if needed**
**I used my Kitchen Aid Mixer but you can also use a Hand Mixer it will just take a little longer**
- Cream together 1 stick unsalted butter with 1/2 cup cookie butter until it is smooth.
- Gradually add in 2-3 cups of powdered sugar until the mixture is stiff/hard.
- Add milk, and blend until the frosting is creamy.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, frost and serve.
Hint: Store in the fridge or the frosting may melt if it is too warm.
If you like this Kid Cupcake Recipes for Chocolate Cookie Butter Cupcakes check out these other recipe favorites.