How To Throw An Awesome Minion Birthday Party
Disclosure- I received birthday party supplies from BirthdayExpress.com to help facilitate this review, but as always, all thoughts and opinions are my own 🙂
You guys, my baby (well, not so much a baby anymore) turned 7 this week! I can’t believe it and have no idea when it happened. Is it just me or does time go by so much more quickly when you have kids? Every year I let my daughter pick her birthday theme. In years past it has been Tinkerbell, Alice in Wonderland, and Frozen. This year is my favorite theme she has picked yet, Minions! For those that might not know what the Minions are, they are the lovable little Twinkie shaped creatures from the animated film Despicable Me. We love those little guys and went all the way to Florida to see them at Universal Studios over spring break.
So when it was time to start planning her Minion Birthday Party I knew a place that would have everything I needed, BirthdayPartyExpress.com! Birthday Express is your one stop shop for all things Birthday! From table wear and balloons, to fun costumes and birthday banners. When searching the website I couldn’t believe all the different colors and themes they offered! I was super excited to work with them and show you some of the fun Minion Birthday Party supplies they offered, and what better way to do it than to show you how to throw an awesome Minion birthday party!
1. Pick a fun party location! Some people loving throwing parties at home, I am NOT one of those people. I don’t want to clean up after a party, and I want to go somewhere where I know there is going to be entertainment for my party guests. So we choose Chuck E Cheese for the kids. But we had to make sure we brought some Minion fun to the party!
2. Dress the part! Was is a fun Minion Birthday Party without a Minion!? This Female Minion Child Costume from Birthday Express was a huge hit at my daughters party. It was well made and oh-so-cute and she got compliments on it all day. I love that it came with the minion goggles, they were perfect! I do have one cute little minion on my hand if I do say so myself.
3. Pick Out Your Party Supplies! How cute is this Minion Birthday Party table set? Birthday Express has a party pack that has everything you need to set up a perfect Minion table for your party. You can get a set that includes:
- (8) Despicable Me 2 Invitations (plus (8) envelopes)
- (8) Despicable Me 2 Dinner Plates
< li>(8) Despicable Me 2 Dessert Plates
- (8) Despicable Me 2 9 oz. Cups
- (16) Despicable Me 2 Lunch Napkins
- (1) Emerald Green Plastic Tablecover
- (16) Yellow Forks & Spoons (8 each)
- (24) Blue Candy Stripe Birthday Candles
- (12) Latex Balloons (6 Orange and 6 Midnight Blue)
- (2) Curling Ribbons (1 Orange and 1 Aqua Blue)
- (1) Yellow Crepe Paper Roll
for only $14.99. What a great deal! They have similar packages for all sorts of themes!
4. Invite some rocking friends- If you have good friends to spend your birthday with, everything else will fall into place. The above picture are some of my daughters friends from her dance team and they all let their inner Minion out with these super cute Minion Goggles from Birthday Express!
5. Don’t forget the cake! No Minion Birthday Party is complete without a yummy cake! This one was from our local grocery store and I think it turned out pretty cute. Of course it gave all my little minions blue teeth for the rest of the day ha!
6. Grab some Minion gifts! My little Minion loves all things with those cute little yellow guys on them, so she was thrilled with some Minion themed gifts to enjoy even after the party was over!
7. Last but not least, Have FUN! This is the most important step of your Minion Birthday Party, or any other party, have a good time! It’s all about celebrating the birth of someone special in your life, the rest is just extras. I love my little Minion, and as long as she had a good time, that’s all that matters!
A big thanks goes out to Birthday Express for helping me celebrate my awesome daughter! Make sure to visit their website, check out their Facebook page, and follow them on twitter, to let them help you celebrate someone special in your life!