This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Walmart Family Mobile. All opinions are mine alone. #MyDataMyWay #CollectiveBias
If you have been following our site you know we have been focusing on living on 30,000 or less. What if you make more than that? It doesn’t matter. The tips for saving money apply to all. The way that I save the most money is using my cell phone. The first way to save is to look at your bills. We talk about the two bills you have, those that you have and are fixed and those that you can can alter. That is what I would like to talk about today the bills you can alter. I highly suggest looking into ditching your contracted cell phone. You pay for more than what you use. You have limited control over your plan and you are tied to a contract. You never want to be tied to a contract. The Walmart Family Mobile plan offers you the flexibility you need and the savings you deserve.
I decided that spring was the time for me to implement my savings plan. I have a goal to go on an amazing vacation next year and the only way to do that is cut expenses and use the tools you have to save money. I headed to my local Walmart and purchased the Alcatel Fierce 2 with the Walmart Family Mobile plan for $29.88.
The Walmart Family Mobile features everything you need in a cellphone and the one thing you don’t is a big bill. The plan cost $29.88 (for the first line) and you get Unlimited Talk, Text & Data service plan which includes up to 500MB of 4G LTE data.
Note: You will also need to make a one time purchase the $25.00 starter kit if you are NOT already using Walmart Family Mobile as your service provider.
Alcatel Fierce 2 + WFM Service take this to the front and pay for the phone.
Note: Once you have paid then get it activated right in the store. The employees should be able to help you do this.
The Alcatel Fierce 2 features a rear camera and a front camera. It is easy to use and it great for games according to my son who took the phone as soon as it was charged to test it out “himself”. That means that a ten year old was able to set it up, download games, and then he even added an additional SD card to add more memory for games of course. The phone has plenty of memory for us normal people who use the phone to call people and use it for money saving apps.
Speaking of money saving since this is how all of this got started. You know me wanting to cut my wireless bill from $85 (each) a month without losing the 4g coverage I currently have which is why I decided to switch to save and use the data my way. I love having to option to add more data as I need it. I am currently using 2 GB a month on a shared plan with my husband. The images are from my actual account.
I decided if I use the Walmart UNLIMITED talk, text, data… you read right unlimited at $29.98. That would save us $50 a month. I can’t change my husband’s plan since it is for his job however, $50 a month times 12 months is $600 a year. $600 a year is 2 nights hotel, water park tickets, and food or I could do a hotel on the beach and food. The point is I would get more than what I am getting now and I could enjoy it from my waterfront hotel. I guess since I own a website that helps people save I will give you the top five ways I use my cellphone to save money.
1) I search for coupons before I buy anything. I quickly search for coupons. I can’t tell you how many stores, dining establishments, and even auto repair places have coupons.
2) I use my phone to get directions. This saves me time, money (less gas), and it helps me stay safe which is worth every penny.
3) I use my phone to download books and movies. I read all the time and being able to read anywhere I go is wonderful and having unlimited data allows me to pick up a book anywhere. I may also be known to use my phone to watch Netflix as well.
4) I use fitness apps to help make sure I am healthy and to challenge myself to meet my fitness goals. I will tell you that being healthy is cheaper than the later. I like that I can have my music streaming while I work out no matter where I am.
5) I use my phone to work. The unlimited data, calls, and texting allow me to close deals. I can make sure my business is running even when I am not in front of my computer. I can’t tell you how valuable it is to me to have a phone that gives me the ability to do what I need to do from anywhere. Walmart offers Low Priced Unlimited Plans, Unlimited Talk Text and Data/Web services. The Walmart Family Mobile service is $29.88/month(for the first line) that includes Unlimited Talk, Text & Data service plan which includes up to 500MB of 4G LTE data.
- Disclaimer: All prices for phones and plans included in this post are accurate as of the date of posting; however, these prices are subject to change. Please refer to http://cbi.as/5zv5 or your local Walmart for current pricing.