How to Make Burlap Flowers
I love love love the way these sweet flowers look. They are also easy to make and a great way to add a extra special touch to any project. You can use them to decorate vases, wreaths, or even make a bouquet of burlap flowers. I hope you will enjoy learning how to make burlap flowers as much as I enjoyed doing it. Now that I know how to do this I want to glue these cute flowers on everything.
How to make burlap flowers
Burlap ribbon – can be any width but if it is wider than 1 inch you will need to cut it to 1 inch wide
1. Cut ribbon into 24 inch lengths.
2. If ribbon is wider than 1 inch then cut into 1 inch wide strips
3. Thread wire through the button holes, making a criss cross on the top if your button has 4 holes
4. Push wires through a square opening in the burlap.
5. Continue to push wire through the burlap making flat loops about the same size (roughly one inch from center of button to end of loop) until you reach the end of the burlap strip
6. Push loops tightly against the button, give the wire a twist. Then arrange loops around the button until you are happy with the flower shape.
7. Secure with a dab of hot glue on the back of the flower. You can trim the wire or leave it long depending on how you are going to use the flower in another project or decoration.
Do you have any burlap or fabric projects you are working on? I would love to hear about them. Do you think learning how to make burlap flowers would be a great way to enhance your projects? Share you ideas with me. Check back because I am sure you will see these flowers again as I am working on a bigger project…all the decorations for my sisters burlap and sunflowers country girl themed bridal shower.
P.S. If you are looking for burlap supplies, go to BurlapFabric.com. They have everything burlap!
Also check out how to make other flower crafts: