I have been working on burlap decorations for my sister’s bridal shower. I made burlap flowers and a burlap banner with the names of the bride and groom. Next I made a a burlap wreath and decorated with a few of the burlap flowers.
1. Fold over the end of a piece of burlap in half twice. Put a short piece of floral wire through the folds.
2. Attach the burlap to the wire frame using the floral wire.
3. With the frame facing up tuck a fold of burlap into each of the three openings.
4. Gather the folds together and hold from the top of the frame.
5. Flip the frame over and twist the end of the burlap several times.
6. Flip the burlap again and then repeat the process of pushing a fold through each of the three openings, gather and hold the flaps, flip the frame and twist the burlap several times.
7. Keep repeating the process until you have worked your way all around the frame, When you get back to the beginning, cut the burlap so that you have enough to attach it to the wire frame using the same process as in step 1.
8. Attach burlap flowers to decorate the wreath using hot glue.
I just loved how these wreaths look. I was originally going to add a bow but really liked the simplicity of this loos without out one. Very country but very pretty. And not to girly per my sister’s request. Next I will be working on decorating some vases with more burlap ribbon and twine. All of the decorations for the shower are really coming together. I can’t wait. Have you ever made a burlap wreath? How did it turn out? What did you use to accent it?