Healthy Dog Recipes to Stuff a Kong
Furry Friends have always been a way of life for me and right now my feet are being warmed by my 6 year old Lab, Scoobette. At time are life gets hectic and we don’t always have a ton of extra time to pamper them the way we would like to. I have found that when I Stuff a Kong or an empty marrow bone with goodies is a great way to show them that I love them. This also keeps them busy while I am gone and keeps them out of trouble (or it should.) They have gotten so spoiled with these treats that they have a 6th sense for when I am stuffing their goodies that they surround me in the kitchen and wait ever so patiently for their reward.
Healthy Dog Food Recipes – Stuff a Kong Recipes
- Peanut Butter Bliss — Combine 1 ripe banana, 3 Tbsp Peanut Butter and 1 slice of cheese in a bowl. Mix well and stuff.
- Potato Mash Up — Take leftover Mashed Potatoes (without salt added) and add crushed dog biscuits. Mix well and fill up their Kong.
- Eggstra Please — Scramble an egg without butter and mix in leftover mashed potatoes, yogurt, and cheese. Mix well and fill.
- Fiber Up — Take 4 Tbsp Peanut Butter and mix in bran cereal. Mix cereal into peanut butter and stuff.
- PB and O’s — In a bowl combine 4 Tbsp Peanut Butter and mix in plain cherrios. Once cherrios are coated with peanut butter, stuff.
- Banana Yogurt Freeze – Combine 1/2 cup plain yogurt with 1 ripe banana and mix well. Stuff in Kong and freeze until frozen. Serve frozen.
- Apple Pie – In a bowl combine 3 slices of chopped apple, 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1/2 ripe banana. Stuff in Kong and top with 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter.Freeze until frozen. Serve Frozen.
- Pumpkin Pie– In a bowl combine 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1/4 cup pure pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling), and 1/4 cup rice. Mix well and spoon into Kong. Freeze until frozen and Serve.
- Peanut Butter Apple Supreme – Combine 1/4 cup applesauce, 1/4 cup plain cooked oatmeal, 1/4 cup plain yogurt, 1 mashed ripe banana, 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter. Stir well and fill Kong to top. Freeze until Frozen and Serve.
- Apple Duo – Combine 1 chopped apple with 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce. Mix together well and place in Kong. Freeze until frozen then Serve.
These are my favorite go to Stuff a Kong Recipes. If you want to get a little creative and try your hand at making some homemade dog treats check out these delicious Healthy Dog Food Recipes.
When you are starting to Stuff a Kong Keep your pets safe by making sure you are aware of What Not to Feed Your Pet!
In my area the pet stores are always overpriced for their Kongs,I save money and order online at Amazon –> Kong Sale