Do you love guacamole? I sure do and so does my family. One can’t just get enough of this flavorful Mexican avocado-based dip, guacamole is one of those comfort food that just makes everyone happy. A party isn’t complete without guacamole and tortillas it’s also great with tacos and burritos but the best part is it’s super easy to put together even if you can’t cook you can make it. A super easy guacamole recipe just needs salt, lemon or lime juice, onion, cilantro, tomatoes, chili and the secret is to use a good quality ripe avocado. But did you know that guacamoles are good for you? Yes you can actually enjoy eating guacamole and reap health benefits, below are some of the health beanefits of guacamole.
5 Health Benefits of Guacamole
1. Guacamole is high in fiber which reduces your risk of heart problems. 1 cup of guacamole has 15.4 grams of fiber in it. Fiber is good for your digestive system.
2. Guacamole is a good source of healthy dose of unsaturated fat. I heard other people doesn’t like to eat avocados because they’re afraid of its fat content, but what you need to know is unsaturated fat is the type of fat beneficial to your health. It lowers blood cholesterol and blood pressure.
3. Guacamole is high in vitamin C because of the avocado, tomato and lime juice. Vitamin C is important in making our immune system strong and it helps prevent and fight infections.
4. Avocado is high in Vitamin E. Each avocado contains about 4.16 milligrams of vitamin E. That’s 27 percent of your daily recommended intake. Vitamin E helps get rid of free radicals which are chemicals that increases the risk of developing heart disease or cancer.
5. Avocado is a good source of 18 essential amino acids. These are necessary for the body to form a complete protein.
So for your next potluck or Game Day make sure to bring out your best guacamole recipe, for sure everyone will enjoy it!
Do you know of other health benefits of guacamole? Share it with us below.
Find out more health benefits of food you eat: