I love a good meal if it is easy and cheap even better! Sara at Budget Savvy Diva has agreed to share her Frugal Eats each week.
Mediterranean Fava Bean Salad
- 1 19 oz. can fava beans, drained ($1.59)
- 1 15 oz. can black olives, drained ($.99)
- 1 15 oz can petite diced tomatoes, drained ($.29)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil ($.20)
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar ($.10)
- 1 tsp dried basil ($.05)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Empty the beans, black olives and petite diced tomatoes into a mixing bowl.
- In a small container with a lid, prepare the vinaigrette by adding the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dried basil and a little salt and pepper. Shake vigorously.
- Pour the dressing over the bean mixture and toss until evenly coated.
- Serve, or chill and then serve.
I have to say that I would add a little feta but that is because I bought so much on sale that I have been putting it on everything!