10 ideas for School Age Kid Chores
Free Printable Chore Charts
10 Ideas for School Age Kid Chores-Being a School-Age child is a crucial learning time in your childs life, and it’s a great time to set up values and a good schedule for them, (and for you!). What is great about setting a chore schedule now, is that this is the time they are used to having a schedule at school and things they have to do, and bringing that same schedule and structure home will make it easier on you as they grow older.
These 10 Ideas for School Age Kid Chores are going to be a great help to you around the house, and your child will love knowing that they are helping the whole family! I have made a Free Printable Chore Charts for you to help keep track of your childs daily chores as well, enjoy!
Here are 10 ideas for School Age Kid Chores + a FREE Printable Chore Charts:
- Get Dressed- This is a pretty simple chore, but important! Letting your child pick out their own clothes and dress themselves promotes independence and individualism.
- Clean Your Room- Keeping their personal space clean and organized makes for a great environment to live and learn in!
- Set the Table- Setting the table is great for memory (where everything goes), responsibility, and being a important part of the family.
- Feed Pets- Learning to care for animals is great for responsibility and caring for others.
- Put Clothes Away- Putting their clothes away gives them the responsibility to take care of their own things.
- Empty Trash- This is a simple chore you can have your school age child do.
- Do Homework- Another simple chore that should be done daily. Pushing this when kids are younger will help when they are older and might be reluctant to do it.
- Help with Dinner- Studies show kids that help with dinner eat better. Preparing dinner as a family makes the process quicker, and helps your child see what all goes in to cooking a family meal.
- Brush Your Teeth- This is something all kids should be doing twice a day, but can often be forgotten. If it is in front of them in a chart, they are more likely to remember.
- Load/Put away Dishes- Another great chore for teaching responsibility!
What are some of the chores you have your child do? How old are they? Let me know in the comments below!
We also have some great ideas for Toddler chores for you to check out as well!