20 Free Family Date Ideas Everyone Will Love!
Spring and Summer break will be here before you know it. That means we have to think of fun things to do with our kids! I personally love summer break. Not having to wake up early and getting to spend time with my kids makes me one happy mama. But that also means that we need ideas to keep everyone entertained and happy without breaking the bank. Which made me want to think of free family date ideas that family’s can enjoy together without having to worry about overspending! Because when it comes to family time, it’s not about the amount of money you spend, it’s about the amount of quality time. So let’s check out some great free family date ideas that I found shall we?
Here are 20 Free family date ideas everyone will love!
1. Family Dinner Night- Grab some aprons and some recipe ideas and have a family cooking night! It will be fun to have the kids in the kitchen with you, and then you can enjoy a dinner that everyone helped make!
2. Backyard Camping- Who says you have to go anywhere to camp? All you need is a a firepit for smores and hotdogs, and some blankets to star gaze and you could have a pretty fun (and free) family date!
3. Volunteer date- What’s better than a free family date? A family date that gives back to the community and doesn’t cost a dime! Spend the day picking up trash at your local park, or at your local animal shelter!
4. Family Game Night- One of my family’s favorite things to do is have family game night. We pop some popcorn, turn off all of our electronics and get ready for a little competitive fun. (Also fun fact, some libraries let you check out board games if you don’t have any!)
5. Family Movie Night- Now this is a classic idea that you can never really go wrong with. Who doesn’t love snuggling up on the couch and watching a movie with the kids right?
6. Picnic at the Park- Another oldie but goodie idea is packing up a yummy lunch and taking the whole family for a day of fun in the sun. Don’t forget to pack the frisbee!
7. Go to a museum- We are lucky that we live in an area where we have some museums that are free! It’s not only fun it’s also educational, and that’s always a good thing.
8. Arts and Crafts day- I love all things crafty and it’s also something fun to do with the whole family. Thanks to sites like Pinterest you can find crafts that use items you already have in your home, so it won’t cost an additional money. We also have some fun craft ideas that you should check out.
9. Take a Hike- Hiking is free, fun, and we could also use an excuse for a little more fitness in our life!
10. DIY Scavenger Hunt- This would be so fun for everyone! You could make it around the house or around the town!
11. At Home Spa Day- For parents with daughters, a home spa day would be perfect for you! You can make your own sugar scrubs, face masks, and more and spend the day pampering each other in the comfort of your own home.
12. Take a trip to the library- There is a whole new world available for you at the library! You could go as a family and spend time picking out books for each other, or find a quiet nook for everyone to read.
13. Have a water day- If you have an at home pool spend the day in the pool, if not all you need is a sprinkler to have a good time! Kids love any reason to get wet ha!
14. Head to the lake- Speaking of water, if you are fortunate enough to live near a lake (or even better, an ocean!) pack the family up and go spend some time there. You can feed the ducks, take a swim, or lay out and enjoy the sunshine.
15. Splash in puddles- So what if you want to have a family date, but it’s raining outside? Well that is a perfect time to let out your inner child and head outside to play in the rain! This is best with small children who will think you are extra cool for letting them jump in the puddles!
16. Family Talent Show- This is something I used to do when I was a kid. Set up a “stage” in your livingroom and let each family member take a turn putting on a talent show for you. Grab some snacks and the camera and get ready to make some memories.
17. Star Gazing- Wait for a really clear night and grab a big blanket and a star map. The kids will have a great time looking for constellations while munching on a snack.
18. Family Dance Party- Who doesn’t love to take a dance break right? Create a family play list and crank it up! Move the furniture and create a dance floor.
19. Family Bike Ride- If everyone in your family already has a bike, what better excuse to get out as a family and take a bike ride than a beautiful day that you can all spend together?
20. Family Sports Day- If you are a family that loves to be active, what could be better than spending the day outside playing sports with the family right?
Do you have any other free family date ideas to share with us? We would love to hear them!