Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of by Macerich but all opinions expressed here are mine. I hope you’ll be inspired to start your family holiday traditions.
The magic in her eyes as she tried to take in everything before her. The smile that spread across his face as his lips broke into a grin and a laugh escaped so joyful that my heart was full. There was so much to see and so much to do. What if you could make memories with your children that were so special that they will talk about them for years to come. Would you? What if those memories could be captured and saved for years to come?
That is what I did at Tyson’s Corner this holiday season. I took a moment to make a memory with my children one I hope they will repeat with their own children.
We got to experience all the magic that only HGTV and Macerich Shopping Centers could create. The Santa HQ set is located in the middle of the mall. You do not need to be young to experience the magic. This imaginative, engaging, holiday experience uses state of the art digital technology to create an experience with Santa that will leave your family breathless. Your children will be so excited that they will trip over their words. They will not know what to do first. I mean who could blame them with all the choices?
I do suggest scheduling a time online. I mean who wants to wait! You can do that by visiting Santa HQ reservation.
Then get ready for these great holiday immersive experiences. They are so incredible you may forget that you aren’t in the North Pole.
- The traditional photo-op with Santa Claus.
- Elfie Selfie: Where visitors take a selfie and star in their own holiday video.
- Elf-Ray Vision: Guests can explore Santa’s Observatory through the use of special goggles that trigger a series of augmented reality experiences at multiple locations throughout Santa HQ including two triggers at Entrance Arch; one trigger on exterior of the Workshop; Toy triggers underneath the Christmas Tree in the Workshop, and enhanced triggers in the observatory.
- Naughty or Nice Meters: Where visitors can stand next to an interactive board to find out which list of Santa’s they made.
- Light Show: With more than 10,000 individual holiday lights synchronized to the tune of “Carol of the Bells” to create an illuminated orchestra.
You can see our Facebook live below
Again do not forget to make reservations and pay it forward by giving to others. This is my favorite part watching how excited my children get when they give to others.
Visitors to Santa HQ will also be able to enjoy the holiday spirit of giving through HGTV’s Help Through Holiday Giving Drive. The program encourages visitors to donate new, unwrapped toys for local children in need with the goal of collecting over 1,000 toys per center. In 2016, HGTV’s Help Through Holiday Giving program collected over 66,000 toys benefiting local organizations like Forgotten Angel Tree, Salvation Army Angel Tree, Toys for Tots, and Spark of Love Stuff a Bus.
For more information about Santa HQ and a list of locations visit here.