Easy, Healthy, Quick Meals Free Printable Monthly Menu Calendar
I believe every person struggles with what to cook for their family. I struggled so much I used to avoid the thought until someone came downstairs and demanded dinner. I would open up the refrigerator and stand there. I do not know what I expected to happen but the chef I hoped for didn’t tumble out of my freezer.
I realized a couple of things that not planning resulted in. The first was my food budget was out of control. I mean truly mortifying. The second thing I realized is when I walked around the store and threw things in the basket I got home, and nothing went together. The third and most embarrassing thing is we began to throw away a lot of food.
The worst part about all of it is I felt I was failing. Then one day I saw a 7-day meal plan. I figured I could do anything for seven days, so I went through my families favorite recipes, and I wrote down a list of 30. I then created a calendar. I pulled out my family calendar to see what nights I should cook what meal on.
I felt like a rock star. I had a plan and for the first time in years. I wasn’t anxious when I opened up my refrigerator. Then something even better happened.
I figured out that I could double up some of my favorite recipes which saved me time and money and then the next month I would have less to cook. I find that using a calendar and a plan has helped me to become the mom I wanted to be. I no longer hide in the bathroom or the closet. Yes, I have done both hoping they found something to eat so I wouldn’t have to cook.
I use my calendar to save both money and time. You can read about how I have saved thousands using a calendar in this post How to save money using a calendar.
These are tried and true menu ideas that are easy, healthy quick meals that will not drain your bank account or your energy reserve.
This May, we have tasty, easy and healthy meal plans for dinner for the whole family.
- Asparagus and Pasta Salad
- Pressure Cooker Pork and Sauerkraut
- Chicken and Mango Salad with Creamy Lime Dressing
- Italian Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Southwest Ranch Tortellini Salad
- Teriyaki Burgers with Asian Coleslaw
- Caribbean Taco Salad
- Potato Crunch Spaghetti Sauce Saute
- Roasted Sweet Potato & Salmon Quinoa Bowl
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Bowl
- Hearty Zucchini Lasagna
- Kale Egg Salad Sandwiches
- Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Baked Apple Cinnamon Pork Chops
- Eggplant Lasagna Tower
- Quinoa Stuffed Green Peppers
- One Sheet Chicken and Broccoli Dinner
- One Sheet Pan Pork Chop Dinner
- Shrimp Stir Fry
- Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas
- Crockpot Pot Roast
- Turkey Taco Tortillas
- Pepper Pesto Pasta
- Prawn Salad with Herb Vinaigrette
- Pork Loin with Orange Sauce
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Baked Maple Bourbon Salmon
- Quinoa and Avocado Salad
- Creamy Tuscan White Bean and Chicken Soup
- Hummus Crusted Salmon
4 Quick & Easy Dessert Recipes
We are each sharing one of our favorite quick and easy dessert recipes to make it easy for you to make a few delicious treats for your family.
- Strawberry Cream Pie
- No-Bake Chocolate Pudding Pie
- Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free German Chocolate Cake
- SNICKERS® Extreme Peanut Butter No-Bake Cheesecake
Comment and let me know which recipes you enjoyed and be sure to share our Easy, Healthy, Quick Meals.
I also invite you to join our Easy, Healthy, Quick Meals Facebook Group for more recipes and cooking tips.
For more tasty recipes check out our Recipes Index.
Check out our All Gluten Free Family Dinner Menu Ideas All Gluten Free Family Dinner Menu Ideas from our April 2017 Easy Healthy Quick Meals Menu Plan.