Create these DIY Curtains with Pillowcases or Sheets
Don’t waste time and money trying to find valances and curtains to match your decor and bedding.
With sheets or pillowcases you can create these DIY Curtains.
Iron and Ironing Board
Pillowcases or Flat Sheet (regular or king – size and quantity based on how wide the window is and how full you want it)
Sewing Machine and Thread
1. Turn pillowcase inside out and cut down long side of pillowcase. (If using sheet you can skip this step)
2. Fold over the raw edge 1/4 inch and iron flat.
3. Secure with pins and then iron to finish edge.
3. Decide which side will be the bottom (based on your choice of curtain length or valance) Turn up one inch and iron flat.
4. Pin down the edge with a few pins to keep flat while sewing.
5. On the top edge fold over 3 inches and iron flat.
6. Secure with pins to keep in place while sewing.
7. Sew bottom edge all the way across.
8. Take the top edge and sew at the bottom of the fold.
9. Measure once inch down from top and sew a straight line across. (This is based on a 1 inch rod)
10. If you are using a larger rod you can skip Step 9 or measure a down based on how wide the rod you are using is.
11. Iron and Hang
Submitted by Judy H. who was hired via our Job Board!
Apply on our Job Board and you could be Featured in an Upcoming Post!
Check out all Great DIY Bedding Projects and get sewing!
Check out our Bed and Mattress Size Chart to help when purchasing Beds and Bedding.
Hi, I’m Judy and I am a mother and grandmother. My 4 children are grown and have left the nest along time ago. I now get to spend my time spoiling my grandchildren to make up for all my kids put me thru. I have a 14 year old grandson, 9 year old granddaughter and a 3 month old grandbaby boy. I am very crafty and love to create unique and fun crafts, projects and decorations.
DIY Curtains from Sheets