Dessert Brownie Mix in a Jar Recipe
As much as I love to eat healthily, I can’t so no to chocolate! Making my desserts are a lot healthier than buying box dessert…so here is my recipe for Dessert Brownie Mix in a Jar.
By making your own Dessert Brownie Mix in a Jar, you are not only saving money, but you don’t have any preservatives like in some boxes! If you don’t have or want to use a jar, just grab a ziplock bag and fill it with all the ingredients and you can make it anytime you want. This is very simple recipe the little ones to help you out!
Here is what you need to make a Dessert Brownie Mix in a Jar.
You need these:
1 cup measuring cup
1/3 cup measuring cup
1/2 cup measuring cup
1 and 1/4, teaspoon
Lay out these to make the Dessert Brownie Mix in a Jar:
cocoa ( I prefer dark cocoa powder)
semi-sweet chocolate chips
other toppings you want; chopped nuts, caramel candy, peanut butter chips…
To make Dessert Brownie Mix in a Jar, fill your jar with, 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
Then put in 2/3 cups of brown sugar, pack it down in the jar good so we can fill the rest of the ingredients.
Then place 2/3 cups of sugar in the jar.
Measure out 3/4 teaspoon of salt and toss in the jar along with 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
Then add 1/3 cups of cocoa powder.
Finally add on the top, 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
Fill the jar with the ingredients in this order. Make sure the rim of the jar is completely clean before adding the lid. Seal completely.
You can add a square of fabric or ribbon depending on the season or occasion.
These make great teacher gifts or gifts for your neighbors. Just be sure to leave them instructions.
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pour the mix into a large bowl.
3. Add 2/3 cup of melted butter.
4. Mix in two eggs and two tablespoons of coffee. You can use water instead of coffee if you prefer. You will not taste the coffee, but it will bring out the rich flavors of the chocolate if you do use coffee.
5. Mix well and then pour batter into a greased 9×13 baking pan.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes.
7. Check brownies to make sure batter is completely cooked.
8, Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or enjoy plain.
For more great recipes check out these…
- 1 Cup plus 1 Tablespoon of Flour
- ⅔ Cup of brown sugar
- ⅔ Cup of sugar
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ⅓ Cup of Cocoa Powder
- ½ Cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9x13 pan
- Pour mixture into a bowl and mix well
- Then add 2 egg, two tablespoons of coffee, and ⅔ cup of melted butter
- Mix well again then pour batter into the pan and bake for about 30 minutes. Check to make sure they are fully cooked. Allow 15 minutes to cool before cutting! Plate and enjoy!