Cupcake Recipes For Kids – JellyBean Cupcakes
Cupcakes are the perfect treat for any occasion and they are fun to make and decorate with the kids. I wish I had time to create all my cupcake delights from scratch but I have learned to get creative with box mixes and create fabulous Cupcake Recipes for Kids. This allows us to gather together as a family and experiment and create tasty confections that we then can share with our famil and friends. While shopping at the store this week we were inspired by the endless bags of Jelly Beans and decided to create Jelly Bean Cupcakes. The best part is thanks to the popularity of Jelly Beans many brands offer them year round so you don’t have to worry about only finding them at Easter time. If you are limited for time don’t worry because this recipe only adds a few more minutes to the usual time that it takes to prepare a boxed mix and the taste is completely worth those few extra minutes.
Cupcake Recipes for Kids – Jelly Bean Cupcakes
- 1 Yellow or White Box Cake Mix
- 1 cup small jelly beans and extra for decorating
- 2 cups frosting (I use canned frosting and flavor it with mix-ins or kool-aid.)
- Ingredients needed per Cake Mix box
- Prepare Cake Mix according to directions being careful not to over stir.
- Slowly mix in small jelly beans.
- Place cupcake liners in wells of cupcake pan.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners.
- Bake according to the directions on the box. (Do not worry the jelly beans may settle.)
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- If using canned frosting make sure to mix in flavoring while the cupcakes are cooling so that the flavors can settle.
- Frost cupcakes and decorate with additional jelly beans.
The cupcakes were so much fun to make and they were even more fun eating them. My daughter took them to share with her class at children’s church and they were a hit there also. My kids are already thinking of other fun Cupcake Recipes for Kids that we can make because they believe you can never have enough cupcakes. If only I could get them this excited about doing the dishes.
Looking for more great Cupcake Recipes for Kids? Check out these recipes.
If you are looking to save some time and want to make an Easy Cake Recipe For Kids check out this Dump Cake that you can make in your slow cooker.