Crock Pot Recipes for Kids
This recipe is easy to make with items you have on hand and has fewer chemicals than the boxes! You can adjust the ingredients to your family’s preference and dietary needs as noted in the variations. Adult help may be needed to cook and drain the noodles as well as pour the ingredients from the bowl into the crock pot.
Crock Pot Recipes for Kids: Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese
Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 8-ounce package elbow macaroni (cooked and drained)
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 cup medium cheddar cheese grated
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs beaten
- additional grated cheese for topping optional
- Pam spray or grease the crock pot's inside.
- Mix all of the above ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour into crock pot. Cook on high for 2 hours OR on low for 3 1/2 hours. DON'T STIR. Allow to cool 10 -15 minutes before serving. This not only protects your tongue and the roof of your mouth but also allows the macaroni and cheese to set so it is not runny.
- You may notice that the cheese is well done on this batch in the picture- it cooked an extra 1 hour to make it that dark. We actually like the crispy edges!:)
- Evaporated milk substitution: If you don't have canned evaporated milk you can use 1 cup powdered milk mixed in 1 and 2 Tbs water. The results from these measurements equal the 12 ounce can.
- When we make a recipe with butter we use the wrapper of the butter to grease the pan rather than using the spray.
- The pasta can be any small noodle you choose: eggless, white, wheat, veggie, rotini, elbow. The 3 cups of cheese can be a combination of whatever flavors you prefer. Try 1 cup of pepper jack for a bit of spice and a more "adult version" of a child's favorite. The recipe can also be made low fat by using fat free cheeses, eggbeaters and I can't believe its not butter. We love parmesan cheese on top!
Thanks to Rachel Case for sharing this kid friendly recipe!
Also we have other Crock-pot Recipes:
Check out more Dinner Recipes for Kids!
Make sure to visit our Recipes Kids Can Make page for more yummy and easy to make recipes that kids will love!