Crab Fritters with Sriracha Aioli Recipe
If you are looking for a delicious and spicy appetizer to serve with your next meal, then you have got to try out this Crab Fritters with Sriracha Aioli Recipe! This recipe was easy to make, and a huge hit with my whole family! I got this recipe from the wonderful Mario Batali from my favorite cooking show, The Chew! My husband works nights, so we only get to spend about an hour a day together during the week, and we spend it watching The Chew and discussing what we are going to try to make. I must say this is one of my favorite recipes I’ve tried! Along with Clinton Kelly’s Sliders!
What I love most about this recipe is that unlike a crab cake, they are only crunchy on the outside and molten on the inside. This is due to the addition of the Béchamel Sauce. Don’t know what that is? Neither did I, but it is super simple to make! I’ll add it below for those of you that have never made it before.
To make Bechamel Sauce: Heat 4 tbsp of butter in a sauce pan over medium heat, and once it has melted, add 1/4 cup of flour and stir together, cooking until it looks like a wet sand.Then whisk in 2 cups of milk and bring to a boil, whisking continuously until no lumps remain. Add some salt and pepper.
Here is how to make this Crab Fritters with Sriracha Aioli Recipe:
- For the Crab Fritters:
- 1 lb Lump Crab Meat
- 2 cups Béchamel Sauce (let it cool first)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Jalapeno (minced)
- 1 cup Cilantro(chopped)
- 1 cup Basil (chopped)
- Zest of 1 Lime
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Crushed Doritos
- Peanut Oil
- For the Sriracha Aioli:
- 1 cup mayo
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha
- Salt and Pepper
- In a large saucepan pour your peanut oil in and heat to 360 degrees.
- In a large bowl fold together your Bechamel sauce, salt and pepper to taste, basil,cilantro, lime zest, and jalapeno. Mix well.
- Add in your crab meat and fold gently so you don't break up the crab.
- Once mixed, form ping-pong sized balls out of the mixture.
- Using your eggs, flour, and Doritos (you could use any kind of chips you want if you don't want to use Doritos) dredge your fritters in the egg, then flour, and then chips.
- Fry each fritter in oil for about 2-3 mins or until golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel and season with salt.
- To make the Sriracha Aioli:
- Mix together your mayo, lime juice, Sriracha, and salt and pepper, serve with fritters and enjoy!
Looking for more great recipes? Check these out: