Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Santa HQ but all opinions expressed here are mine and visiting Santa HQ has been our Christmas family tradition.
Family Holiday Tradition Ideas
Why do they grow up so fast? When did it all happen? When did those hands go from stubs that surrounded one finger? When did those hands grow bigger than yours? When did your heart get up and walk on the outside? When did they go from tiny people who needed everything from you to someone who knows what they want?
Why do I spend so much time trying to create family traditions? I do it because I want to make memories with my children. These are some Holiday Tradition Ideas For Christmas.
The first one has been going on from before they remember. I would buy them each a special outfit. Then I would bundle them up wrapped in layers of clothes. I would pull into the mall parking lot. I would unload them. Then I would wait in line so they could see Santa. The line would be terrible. The kids would get bored. Then they would get naughty. Then they would cry. Well, that was before HGTV decided to bring the magic back.
As the years went on the technology has made this experience more enjoyable. You no longer have to wait in line. You can have your child experience the magic of Santa’s village with the HGTV Santa HQ. The children participate in an event they can enjoy, and you can purchase a wonderful photo at the end. The best part is you can schedule ahead >>> Santa HQ Reservation.
While you are waiting to see Santa you can….
1. Traditional Santa Claus Photo-Op
2. Elf Academy: A family-friendly experience that features interactive technology. New additions to the Elf Academy include:
a. The Magic Mirror: You can transform into one of Santa’s elves and
virtually try on various elf outfits, and
b. Elf-ID: You can create your very own customized Elf-ID card using the new Elf-ID app and a “selfie.”
3. Elfie Selfie: Take a selfie and star in your own holiday video.
4. Elf-Ray Vision: Explore Santa’s Observatory through the use of special goggles that trigger a series of augmented reality experiences at multiple locations throughout Santa HQ.
Two (2) triggers at Entrance Arch
o One (1) trigger on exterior of the Workshop
o Enhanced triggers in the Observatory
5. Naughty or Nice Meters: Stand next to an interactive board to find out which list of Santa’s you’ve made.
6. Light Show: Watch as more than 10,000 individual holiday lights synchronized to the tune of “Carol of the Bells” to create an illuminated orchestra.
Do not forget to bring unwrapped toys for HGTV’s Help Through Holiday Giving Drive. The best tradition we have in our family is to help others.
Don’t forget to select the date and time of your photos session by making a reservation online at Santa HQ.
If you want to see our pictures from last year.