Category Archives for "Easter"
Easter decor, crafts, recipes and deals!
Easter decor, crafts, recipes and deals!
One thing that I love about holidays is getting my kids dressed for special events. In general I don’t usually go out of my way to buy brand-new or name brand clothing for my kids because they are very rough and tumble on clothes and being a frugal minded person I don’t usually see the point in buying things new and not used. When it comes to holidays though, I make an exception because for me pictures are worth 1000 words and special articles of clothing often mark those occasions perfectly!
One of my favorite frugal yet completely no-brainier easy ways to buy holiday clothes is on Amazon.com with my Amazon Prime account. Because most of the time holiday clothes only need to be worn for a picture, party, or one day of fun, they do not need to be the highest quality. Thank goodness you can order in a hurry and have a pretty accurate time frame of delivery as well as the ability to return for free if you are unhappy with the product or the fit isn’t right. All of that is included free with your Amazon Prime membership.Continue reading
I am sure people are wondering what a Ham Butt Recipe is? Well I bought Ham butt because it was cheaper. I wasn’t sure if it would taste good. I read about all the different types of Ham and then I bought the butt. It was easy cook and very tasty. I was surprised by the value, amount of meat, and delicious taste. This recipes is so easy anyone can make it.
I know Easter is coming, and I wanted to help you think of kid’s Easter basket ideas. Is there a special little girl in your life? I have one. I simply adore my daughter. She is pure sunshine except when she doesn’t get her way. Then we call her thunder. She is in fact in love with the Disney Princesses. We have had several mom and daughter moments talking about and watching the Disney Princesses. We have done our makeup and popped popcorn and then watched the movies I loved as a kid. The Little Mermaid has been my favorite growing up; I can still sing every song.
Easter is a tough holiday to stay on track with my healthy lifestyle goals. In fact it ranks right up there with Halloween and Christmas. Lots of candy, lots of baked goods, and a big family meal all have my best intentions heading for trouble. I am going to try to do my best and make one healthy choice at a time because every choice counts and you can’t let one slip up or over indulgence make you fall off the wagon completely. I am planning a low calorie Easter Dinner Menu that is still traditional with healthier versions of my family’s favorite dishes.
Easter is almost here, and that means it’s time for a Recipes for Ham Roundup! I don’t know about your house, but we have Ham every Easter, and for about a week after, ha! I wanted to put together a Recipes for Ham Roundup to give you some ideas for Easter, and what to do with those leftovers afterwards! Continue reading
Do you wonder what to do with those plastic Easter eggs? We decided to put together a comprehensive list of what to do with those plastic easter eggs once you are done using them for Easter.
1) Put them away for next year
2) Dead fish coffin… I know you have had a fish die why not give it a nice casket.
3) Hold play dough We have an awesome recipe for some kids play dough recipe that they can make
4) Holder for stress release salve we also have a recipe for that Diy Basic salve home remedy headache
5) Mold for jello Jigglers…
6. Use them to store Polly Pocket Clothes.
7. Store Barbie Shoes and Accessories.
8. Use as sandbox toys/molds
9. Use the eggs to organize nylons or knee highs in your drawers.
10. Make fun ice cubes for drinks or a party.
11. Use for impromptu scavenger hunts.
12. Pack earrings or jewelry in so it is not loose in your luggage.
13. Use these as decors for your Christmas tree. Make it a fun Christmas project with your kids to decorate the eggs for Christmas.
14. Print out quotes or scriptures and place one inside each egg. Then place it in a big jar. Kids can get one or two a day.
15. You can also fill some eggs with candies or small toys or small gifts and call it your special rewards jar.
16. Use it for crafts like making egg-animals
17. Use them to store hair ties, barrettes, bobby pins, strechy head bands and other hair accessories.
18. Use to start seeds
19. Tooth keeper for the tooth fairy
20. Use them as wobbly bowling balls and knock down homemade pins made from toilet paper rolls.
21 Make some DIY Maracas Easter Egg Craft for Kids
Also check out these cool Easter ideas