Category Archives for "Frugal Kid Activities"
Do you love sports? My family is a big fan! We love watching big games together and throwing out a watching party with friends. It’s a nice way to have fun and bond and of course to cheer our favorite teams.Continue reading
I give in. I am not sure how parents homeschool and try to work. I am unable to work while my three kids are home for Spring break. That makes me wonder what I am going to do this summer. I believe that working in your closet with a laptop although effective is a band-aid to the problem of I need quiet to write. I then had this fantastic idea on how to get my work done and still provide my children with the summer they want. I’m sharing with you my tips on how to plan the best summer.
Spring and Summer break will be here before you know it. That means we have to think of fun things to do with our kids! I personally love summer break. Not having to wake up early and getting to spend time with my kids makes me one happy mama. But that also means that we need ideas to keep everyone entertained and happy without breaking the bank. Which made me want to think of free family date ideas that family’s can enjoy together without having to worry about overspending! Because when it comes to family time, it’s not about the amount of money you spend, it’s about the amount of quality time. So let’s check out some great free family date ideas that I found shall we?Continue reading
It is that time of year. You know it is going to happen, and you need to be prepared. What am I talking about? Spring Break and it is around the corner. The kids are coming home for a week, and I need to think of educational things we can do together. I am also on a strict budget, so I needed stay at home vacation ideas for kids. I have a limited amount of time to prepare because I dropped the ball on being ready to work from home and have the kids home. The budget is a factor because we are saving for a new garage, so I need to make sure what I plan counts, so we headed to Walmart to stock up.
Wow! Having kids is expensive. I know. You knew that. What you may not have realized is there is a way to control this expense. The answer seems odd but it is to let them control the expense. What am I talking about? I am talking about a method I recently tested and am still using. I have a budget like many of you mine may be smaller or it may be larger but it is dependent upon me sticking to it.
I can’t spend hundreds when I only have a hundred and I don’t want to disappoint my kids by not allowing them to do things. We all know we can’t afford anything and everything. We can however afford what we can afford. I recently had my children home with me for spring break. I work from the house so I knew I would have to adjust my hours to suit my children. I figured out if I was going to pay for child care it would be around $60 a day for three children. We currently pay about that for schooling. I looked at my budget and decided that was $300 for the week. I am planning for a large trip this summer so I decided to cut my budget by 50%. I was going to give each child $40 for the week. The other $30 would go to pay for gas for the car to get us places. I had one large work trip planned which involved going to an indoor waterpark so the tickets were free the rest was left up to my children to decided.
Ahhh, Spring Break. That wonderful time when the kids are home and you get to finally enjoy some of the nice Spring weather. It’s also the time when boredom can get the best of you if you don’t have somewhat of a plan. I try to plan ahead some fun Spring Break activities for kids at home. It definitely makes life a little bit easier and less stressful.After all, it’s no fun for anyone when the kids have nothing to do!
1. Set up a tent in the backyard and have a camping staycation. Have hot dogs or burgers and s’mores or ice cream for dessert. Don’t forget the flashlights and sleeping bags!
2. Get everyone off the couch and having fun. Put together a neighborhood fitness day. Invite everyone to get active and have fun with different activities such as a softball game and an obstacle course. This is great fun and is also great for your health.
3. If the weather is not nice enough to stay outdoors, plan for something like a movie marathon event where everyone gets to choose a favorite family movie to watch. Don’t forget snacks and juices boxes.
4. Have the kid’s walk the “runway” in a Spring fashion show. Let them show off some of their new or favorite Spring attire that it’s been too cold to wear. Take lots of pictures and put together an online photo album. The fashion show can be done in the house or the backyard if the weather is nice.
5. Spring is a beautiful time of year. Why not go on a nature walk? Take pictures and collect leaves, flowers or even rocks! Use your smartphone to look up the different plants and birds that you see.
There are so many things that you can do during Spring Break without traveling or spending lots of money. Be creative and think outside the box. If you aren’t sure where to begin, start with my 5 Spring Break activities for kids. Remember the most important thing is having fun and creating memories.