Category Archives for "Gift Ideas"
When is comes to finding a perfect gift for someone, homemade is always a great option! Anyone can go to a store and buy a gift and slap a bow on it, but it takes real heart and creativity to make something yourself. Mother’s Day is right around the corner, and I wanted to share with you and easy and sweet Mother’s Day Craft that the mom in your life is sure to love! My DIY Mother’s Day Sharpie Mug only takes a few minutes to make, and will last a lifetime! The best part is your kids can make it all by themselves. Let’s check out how to make it:Continue reading
Happy almost spring everyone! Here in Tennessee we have our first thunderstorm warning which can only mean one thing, spring is almost here! Springtime is probably my favorite time of the year. The flowers start to bloom, it’s warm without being super hot, and we get to step out into the sunshine (almost) all the time. Perfect! Continue reading
Need some holiday gift ideas for boys? Then make sure to bookmark this page because I’ll be bringing you the hottest deals on best toys for boys!
Whether it’s the year’s most popular items, or toys that will grow your little one’s brain power, this is THE LIST for the Best toys for boys! Remember that prices can change at anytime, but I have included the prices on some of the toys if I think they are good deals!
1. Klutz LEGO Chain Reactions Craft Kit – $12.17
2. WolVol Transport Car Carrier Truck Toy for Boys – $29.94
3. Nerf N-Strike Elite Precision Target Set – $34.40
5. Matchbox 9-Car Gift Pack – $9.99
6. Toysmith Tech Gear Multi Voice Changer – $12.59
8. Air Hunterz Double Shotz – $10.52
9. Fold N Fly Paper Airplanes Kit – $12.99
10. QuadPro CM5 Mini RC Quadcopter-Drone with Camera – $38.99
11. The Original Stomp Rocket: Ultra 4-Rocket – $18.00
12. K’NEX K-FORCE Battle Bow Build and Blast Set – $24.99
13. 4M Tin Can Robot – $13.00
14. Gravity Maze – $29.99
15. VTech Drop and Go Dump Truck – $10.99
16. Zing Air Hunterz Z-Curve Bow – $18.56
17. Set of 3 Color-Changing Racers – $18.88
19. Toysmith Pro-Ball Set – $12.88
20. Little Boy 19 Piece Construction Tool Set With Case – $14.99
21. ZOOB Car Designer – $20.02
22. Made By Me Build & Paint Your Own Wooden Cars – $14.99
27. VTech Little Apps Tablet, Black – $17.99
28. LEGO Star Wars AT-AT Toy – $11.99
29. Marky Sparky – Blast Pad Missile Launcher – $29.99
30. Fisher-Price Harley-Davidson Motorcycles Tough Trike – $27.88
31. Prextex Remote Control Monster Police Truck – $19.99
33. Daron Shock Ball Hot Potato Game – $20.62
34. My First Flybar, Blue Foam Pogo Jumper For Kids – $19.99
35. Toy Tool Set Workbench Kids Workshop Toolbench – $20.70
37. Learning Resources Gears! Gears! Gears! – $20.56
38. Fisher-Price Imaginext DC Super Friends Batcopter – $19.99
39. 12 Pull Back Deluxe Monster Cars – $12.49
41. Backyard Safari Cargo Vest – $19.99
42. Hot Wheels Criss Cross Crash Track Set – $59.00
43. Gund My First Sports Bag Playset – $17.99
45. Liberty Imports Track Racer Racing Car Toy Set – $19.99
48. Learning Resources Pretend & Play Fishing Set – $19.95
49. LOZ® Robotic Building Set Block Toy – $17.99
50. Kid Galaxy Squeezable Remote Control Tow Truck – $16.04
Most Popular Toys for Boys
Mario Kart 8 – Nintendo Wii U on sale $48.15
K’nex 70 Model Building Set, 13419, 705 piece on sale $29.95
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Shellraiser only $28.22!
Melissa & Doug Magnetic Car Loader only $16.02!
Remote toys for boys
Maisto R/C Rock Crawler Jr. on sale $29.97
Remote Control Flying Sharkon sale $23.46!
Educational toys for boys
LeapFrog My Own Leaptop (Frustration Free Packaging)on sale $15.99
Uncle Milton Uncle Milton Giant Ant Farmon sale $12.99
Lincoln Logs Classic Edition Tin just $22.50!
Outdoor toys for boys
Blast Zone Magic Castle Inflatable Bouncer on sale $234.56
Stomp Rocket Jr. Glow Kit on sale $11.59
Razor RipRider 360 Caster Trike, Blue only $69!
Is your teen expressing interest in looking for their first job? We recently asked on Facebook what your first jobs were, wondering if much has changed since we were kids. It hasn’t, most of the great jobs for teens haven’t changed. I remember what it was like starting my first job. I started on my 16th birthday at a BBQ restaurant and thought it was the coolest job ever! Getting to spend that first paycheck and buy whatever I wanted without having to ask my parents was the coolest feeling in the world! So We wanted to put a list of some great jobs for teens together for you, so you and your teen can look over it together and decided what kind of job would be perfect for them to pursue!Continue reading
I used to think I was too practical to be concerned with fashion. I never pictured myself as a girly girl. It felt like sacrifice, like I had to give up comfort and reason to be girly. It just seemed too complicated and overwhelming. I wanted the things I wore or carried with me to have a purpose beyond just to look good, if an accessory was just that then I was happy to leave it at home or to never own it at all.
People change. I am now a self professed girly-girly, fashionista, lover of all things that make me feel pretty. But some things have stayed the same. I still remain practical and love when functionality and fashion combine in the ultimate must have accessory or clothing item.
I am sure I am not alone in my love for functional fashion. I am sharing my favorite fashion finds for the functional fashionista. If you are looking for gifts for the women in your life, I am confident they will love one of the items listed below.
This is the holy grail of functional fashion. The infinity nursing scarf is not only a great looking scarf, it is a breastfeeding cover for nursing moms. It can be worn as a shawl or a head covering. You can even use it to swaddle baby or as a car seat canopy. Trust me any moms on your list will love unwrapping an Udder Wraps Infinity Nursing Scarf this holiday season.
Maybe you are asking what is a hair tie bracelet? It is ingenious that is what it is. I have long hair and often find myself grabbing a hair tie and wearing it on my wrist. Soon though the hair tie is annoying me because it is irritating my skin. So I take it off my wrist and toss it in my purse where it gets lost in the abyss. I also hate the way hair ties look on my arm. Hair tie bracelets are the perfect way to keep your hair tie handy and look your wrists looking good.
Can I tell you a secret? I think Fitbits are ugly. I also think they are uncomfortable. Maybe I am overly picky but I don’t like the way my rubber banded Fit Bit feels on my wrist. Fortunately, I found the perfect answer for fit conscious fashionistas. It is called an Amazefit and it tracks your steps, distance, calories burned, and sleep. The Amazefit Moonbeam Activity and Sleep Tracker is the perfect gift for the functional fashionista who is would rather not wear a less than attractive Fit Bit.
I have wanted a bag for my yoga mat for so long. It is just one of those things that I don;t want to spend money on for myself but would LOVE if someone would get me one as a gift. These Hugger Mugger Batik Yoga Mat bags are just adorable and would make my inner yogi so happy.
Traveling fashionistas need clothing that is both fashionable and functional. When visiting the Philippines recently, I had to figure out how to dress for multiple activities in one day. I needed to be able to go from fancy lunch at a chic restaurant to a 45 minute boat ride in an underwater cave back to a business casual dinner. I needed an outfit that was appropriate for dining in fancy restaraunts and for getting soaked on a boat. Impossible? Nope. Undercover Waterwear makes clothing that is resort wear that functions as a fashionable dress but can also get wet. It dries quickly and no one will know you are wearing swimwear.
Gift giving doesn’t have to be complicated but I know sometimes I get stumped by some of the people on my list. I hope my ideas for the perfect gifts for functional fashionistas help you get your shopping done and spread some holiday cheer under your Christmas tree this year.
Together with my friends from Mavens of Money we bring you our hottest posts. This week we’re sharing all about Homemade Christmas Gift Ideas.
The Mavens of Money group is comprised of 11 bloggers: MadameDeals | The Coupon Challenge | Mom On Dealz | Coupons are Great | This Mama Loves | A Frugal Chick | The Centsible Family | Stretching Your Budget | Penny Filled Pantry | Freebie Spot | Saving Toward Better Life |
Check out our list of Black Friday 2013 Sales!
For great holiday shopping ideas, visit our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide.