Category Archives for "Frugal Kid Activities"
Talk Like A Pirate Day is September 19th and since my sons are pirate fans, I just had to do some pirate crafts!
Edible Pirate Ship
Ice cream bowls
Ice cream or sherbert
2 Toothpicks and 1 Straw
1. Fill the bowl with ice cream or sherbert.
2. Put one marshmellow on each toothpick.
3. Cut the straw so that it is longer than the toothpicks. Put 2 marshmellows on the straw.
4. Insert the toothpicks and straws into the ice cream or sherbert and you have pirate ship sails!
DIY Pirate Hook:
Each week I bring you a craft that is fun, educational, and frugal. Grandparents Day is this weekend and since I love personalized cards and the boys love finger and hand painting, I decided to combine these things and create hand and finger print cards!
Grandparents Day Hand and Finger Paint Cards
1. Decide on your design. If you check out Pinterest, you can find a gazillion handprint art designs! We chose a heart shape design.
2. Paint your child’s hand and create the shape you desire. I included 1 hand from each boy to create our heart.
3. Allow your child to finger paint a design. I had Zack finger paint one side of the heart shape and Will did the other half.
4. Add your personal message inside the card.
This craft lends itself to Language Arts education. Have your child decide on the message and if they are able, to write the message and sign their names to the card. If they aren’t writing yet, they can always “draw” their name or draw an image inside the card to personalize it. You can also have your child tell you what they want the card to say and you can write it for them.
Thanks Mom on Dealz!
Each week I bring you a craft that is fun, educational, and frugal. August 26th is National Dog day and Will and Zachary really love dogs so I decided to make a learning game with a dog theme. Will really enjoyed it, Zack just kept trying to eat and tear up the dog bones!
Doggie, Doggie, Where’s My Word Family?
Dog and Dog Bowl Clip Art
Dog Bone Cookie Cutter(or just do a google image search and trace that)
Plain Folder With Pockets
1. Using your cookie cutter (or clip art images) trace a bunch of dog bone shapes on construction paper and have your child cut them out.Continue reading
Since I LOVE s’mores I thought this would be a cute activity-and a yummy one!
Back To School S’more Treat:
Sun Baked S’mores
1 Sheet of Black Construction Paper
Hershey’s Chocolate Bars (save $1/2 with this coupon)
Craft Knife (adult use only)
Each week I bring you a kids craft that is fun, educational, and frugal. National Ice Cream Day is always the 3rd Sunday of July so this year that will be 7/21!
Remember, if you love any of my crafts, be sure to Pin them on Pinterest!
I used to make this with my students all the time and they always loved it!
Rock Salt-6 tablespoons
Vanilla-1/4 teaspoon (we also made some with lime juice and it was yummy)
Big Ziploc Bag
Small Ziploc Bag
Cow Appreciation Day is 7/13 so I thought it would be fun to show you a super easy way to get some free food at Chick-fil-a. If you don’t have a Chick-fil-a nearby, you can always use this idea for Halloween!
White or light colored shirt and shorts
Peel and Stick Foam (black)
Construction Paper (white and brown)Continue reading