Disclosure: This post is sponsored by At Home Store.
The holidays are coming and one of my favorite parts is decorating. I am not sure why but those bows and balls, lights, and trees speaks to me. I think back to my younger self whose face was firmly pressed to the car window so I could look at the homes with their decor. It was the days before the technology overtook our curiosity. I would imagine who lived in those house as the car sped by. I would think they must be snuggled on the couch drinking hot chocolate.
Why would anyone spend so much time doing something that only lasts for a couple of weeks?
I then thought about it and we make a cake for a birthday and devour it on that day. We lick our fingers after we dive into the frosting. We sing a song and blow out candles. It is a ritual. It is something you do to provide joy not only to yourself but to those around you.
What if decorating your home wasn’t in the budget?
I think people automatically think about physical equipment when I make reference to Cheap Exercise Equipment however the thing I need most when exercising is someone to guide me. I need someone to push me. I usually go to the gym but when I travel or when the classes do not fit my schedule I found an alternative. I found online fitness classes. They are easy to organize, they fit my schedule, and they are varied for my ability and my likes. They also help you to get real about your fitness goals and dispel “The Lies people tell themselves”.
It is that time of year again when the kids go back to school. There are children who will go back to school without the supplies they need. Thanks to Aldi and my site there will be less of those children without necessary supplies. This is the run down of our Giving Backpack event. We partnered with Aldi this year to help children. Aldi offers school supplies and they also offer healthy lunch and snack options which will help the students in life. If you want to see if school supplies are available in your area check out their Aldi special buys list.Continue reading
I am entering my 40th year on Earth and I think I look pretty close to what I looked like 20 years ago. I was recently at a wedding and someone I hadn’t seen in 20 years told me I aged well. I am sure that is a compliment so it got me thinking. What have I done to “age well”. Then I thought about how to look younger and this is what I came up with.
2) Wear sunscreen they even make one in chocolate. I know crazy right? They have chocolate sunscreen. I wear a 50 on my face everyday no matter what the weather is then I always buy foundations with sunscreen in them as well.
3) Wash your face and put on a like cln moisturizer
4) Find a foundation that matches your skin. There are several options available at the drug store and with a coupon they are under ten bucks. I know there are drug stores that allow you try the make up and if it doesn’t work take it back. I also have gone and bought a foundation in the department store just make sure before you buy it you go outside and see if it noticeable. You want something that doesn’t look like you are wearing anything. If it looks like make up you do not want that. You want one that looks like your skin only better.
5) Stand up tall. If you slouch or appear to look well beyond your years. I was told the other day that she knew I was coming because she noticed my walk. I walk with a purpose and I am not afraid to be noticed. Confidence and poise is a great way to look younger.
6) Wear the right bra. Yes, I am going there if your boobs are to the ground then you look older. I mean they make garments that place them back to when you were 20 use them.
7) Go to the gym or work out daily. It only takes 30 minutes and it will greatly improve how you feel and how you look. We have this great 30 day challenge that you can do at home give it a try. If you can’t leave your house you can still work out there are free videos online we have a whole list of free exercise videos here.
8) Make sure your teeth are white. I truly believe that yucky teeth make you look older we have a great post on how to whiten your teeth. I suggest you do this now!
9) Wear a great shade of lipstick that compliments your personality and your complexion. I am a red girl and let me tell you people always make comments about my lipstick.
10) Wear clothes that not only fit your shape but that are age appropriate. I have the body to wear the short shorts and the dress that show everything but they make you look cheap and frankly they make you look like you are trying to be 20.
11) Have confidence nothing says I look good then feeling good about yourself. You can tell when someone believes in themselves and when someone doesn’t.
12) Find relationships that support you and make you feel good. There is nothing that ages you faster than being with someone who is a jerk. I am all about the adore me or be gone. You can read about how my husband does just that and we have been together for 18 years. These are the secrets to a happy marriage. I always say people treat you how you let them.
13) Relax and find something that you can do to take away your stress. I am a huge book nerd. I love to read so I make time for it everyday. Yes, I lock myself in the bathroom at 7:00 and take a bath with my book. The kids are under Daddy’s control. This is my list of must read books.
14) Form relationships or rekindle relationships with people who knew you back then. I love to revisit the past. I plan a girl’s trip once a year to remember what it was like back then and to catch up with my sisters for life. It is so important to not lose who you are. These are some of my girl’s vacation ideas.
15) Be proud of yourself count your accomplishments not your failures. We spend so much time being hard on ourselves and that ages us. You are doing a great job.
How to look younger is easily achieved by taking control and working on the things above. Looking young is also a state of mind!
How to Look Younger
I resolve to track my journey daily on my site www.beingkindcounts.com. I plan to make an effort to do one kind deed a day. I plan to do so not to change the world but to change how I see the world. I plan to take small steps toward the person I want to become. I do not plan to look back and I do not plan to judge the person I used to be.
The first thing I will do is be brave. I plan to remove everyone from my life who does not belong. I am going to “unfriend” all the people who do not add value to my life. The people who in the last year weren’t friends to begin with. I always think well it is best if I keep them as friends and maintain contact. Then I thought about and I thought in order to be kind to others and to really reach my resolution. I need to be kind to myself. I need to make a decision to take care of myself. I am the person in my home who takes care of everyone else. I am the teacher, bill payer, grocery shopper, cook, homework helpers, teacher, friends, foe, and most importantly I am the example. I am going to be the example by letting go of people who aren’t worthy of my time or my friendship.
Wow! That doesn’t sound very kind. Yet it is the kindest thing I can think to do. I believe that there are people who move in and out of our lives and they are there to teach us a lesson or maybe a few if we didn’t get the information the first time. The lesson I have learned is spending my time worrying about or checking in with people who do not matter actually waste my time. This is time that could be better spent on people who deserve my time and my energy.
That is my resolution to be kind. I am taking control of my life and taking care of myself first.
We have a great free printable to work through your children’s resolutions.
and of course here are some ideas to help you…
Oh and since a lot of you are working on the New you in terms of appearance here are some Low Cal New Years snacks