So taking a break today…
Instead I am listing 10 fun activities to do if you are snowed in:
1) Make snow cream, YUMMY!
2) Put on some music and do puzzles
3) Bake a treat
4) Play board games or interactive games like Win, Loose, or Draw
5) Let the kids “swim” in the tub
6) Paint the snow. Take squirt bottles or spray bottles and put some Kool Aid in with a little water or use food coloring and paint away (you can also use the Kool Aid to paint with on paper too)
7) Write letters to friends. This is so much more personal than email.
8) Read to your kids or have them read to you.
9) Have an indoor picnic on the floor.
10) Doing something creative like write a book or play, make play dough, paint, or make props for a play.
Here are some playdough recipes:
Rubbery Playdough (from Parents.com)
2 cups baking soda
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup cornstarch
Mix with a fork until smooth. Boil over medium heat until thick. Spoon onto plate or wax paper.
Just in case you are without power:
NO – COOK PLAYDOUGH Thanks to www.cooks.com
1 c. white flour
1/2 c. salt
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. alum
Food coloring, be creative
1/2 c. water
Mix first 4 ingredients well. Add food coloring to water. Gradually add small amounts of water until mixture is consistency of bread dough. Store in airtight container or plastic bag to last a long time.
Take this time to appreciate your family!