I am a huge fan of chocolate in fact I can’t live without it. I have tried and trust me it isn’t pretty. I have had the opportunity to taste chocolate from around the world. It helps that I married a candy distributor’s son. It also helps that my husband traveled all over the world. I know that this holiday season you may need to stretch the budget. In fact we all do. The number of people we wish to thank and give gifts to has not diminished however our funds have. I am excited to share this recipe with you. I am sure you will put it to good use.
This week I wanted to highlight how cooking frugally can still be delicious. Here’s a wonderful recipe for chocolate truffles I found several months ago. With the holidays approaching these would make great gifts or treats for Holiday parties.
16 ounces of chocolate or white chocolate (you can use any type, I used Hershey bars because I got them for free)
1 8 ounce package cream cheese
1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
1. Break 8 ounces of chocolate bars into pieces and place in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes, stirring after 45 seconds.
2. Beat cream cheese on low speed until fluffy. Mix in melted chocolate and nuts.
3. Place in freezer for 15 minutes or until firm.
4. Shape chocolate mixture into balls and return to freezer for 30 minutes.
5. Melt remaining chocolate. Using a toothpick, dip balls into melted chocolate until coated. You can decorate these with sprinkles, nuts, or chocolate shavings if desired.
6. Store in fridge. These are easy and delicious!
For more recipes like this visit The Thrifty Things
Photo Credit for Truffle courtesy of Wilton.