When I decided to have the Gastric Sleeve, I made sure to keep all my appointments with the Doctor, Therapist,Nutritionist and Exercise Physiologist. I wanted to make sure I was prepared for what was to come after the surgery. I attended nutritional classes and attended the Gastric Sleeve Pre-Surgical Diet Class. I got this Gastric Sleeve Cookbook. I asked questions of the surgeon, other patients who had the surgery, and staff at the weight loss center I was going thru. However prepared I was before my surgery, I wasn’t ready for some things that followed. Keep reading to find out what I learned “AFTER” my Gastric Sleeve. Make sure to also check out Why I had the Gastric Sleeve.
Top 5 things I Found out After My Gastric Sleeve
- Don’t judge your weight loss by the scale, pay attention to how your clothes fit.
- Eating Protein all the time will get boring but there are many creative options.
- Trust other people when they say you look good and they can tell you have lost weight. They see you differently than you see yourself. Take their compliments
- Just because you don’t see it in the mirror doesn’t mean you aren’t losing. Comparing your reflection to old pictures helps you see how far you have really come.
- You don’t lose weight evenly over your whole body. My hour glass (even though it was a big one) shape has turned into a very lopsided pear. Over time your shape will even out.
It has only been 9 weeks since my surgery but I am slowly coming to an understanding of the changes that are taking place in my body. I have also found that I am becoming more mentally aware of the changes to my body and know that over time everything will work together to create a better me.
Have you had a Gastric Sleeve or other Bariatric Surgery? Share your tips and things you have learned.
For more information check out Why I had the Gastric Sleeve!
If you want to read more information about gastric sleeve I recommend these two books, The Sleeved Life: A Patient-to-Patient Guide on Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Weight Loss Surgery and Ultimate Gastric Sleeve Success: A Practical Patient Guide To Help Maximize Your Weight Loss Results.
Gastric Sleeve Portion Control Eating and Tools
Also check out these Gastric Sleeve Cookbooks
Prevent vitamin deficiencies after your bariatric surgery by taking vitamins and supplements
Also check out our list of fab but Cheap Plus Size Bathing Suits
For more weight loss stories and tips, read these!