Spring Break Activities for Kids at Home
Ahhh, Spring Break. That wonderful time when the kids are home and you get to finally enjoy some of the nice Spring weather. It’s also the time when boredom can get the best of you if you don’t have somewhat of a plan. I try to plan ahead some fun Spring Break activities for kids at home. It definitely makes life a little bit easier and less stressful.After all, it’s no fun for anyone when the kids have nothing to do!
Here are 5 fun Spring Break activities for kids at home.
1. Set up a tent in the backyard and have a camping staycation. Have hot dogs or burgers and s’mores or ice cream for dessert. Don’t forget the flashlights and sleeping bags!
2. Get everyone off the couch and having fun. Put together a neighborhood fitness day. Invite everyone to get active and have fun with different activities such as a softball game and an obstacle course. This is great fun and is also great for your health.
3. If the weather is not nice enough to stay outdoors, plan for something like a movie marathon event where everyone gets to choose a favorite family movie to watch. Don’t forget snacks and juices boxes.
4. Have the kid’s walk the “runway” in a Spring fashion show. Let them show off some of their new or favorite Spring attire that it’s been too cold to wear. Take lots of pictures and put together an online photo album. The fashion show can be done in the house or the backyard if the weather is nice.
5. Spring is a beautiful time of year. Why not go on a nature walk? Take pictures and collect leaves, flowers or even rocks! Use your smartphone to look up the different plants and birds that you see.
There are so many things that you can do during Spring Break without traveling or spending lots of money. Be creative and think outside the box. If you aren’t sure where to begin, start with my 5 Spring Break activities for kids. Remember the most important thing is having fun and creating memories.