After you brew your morning coffee, what do you do with the used coffee grounds? If you said, “I throw them away”, have I got a list of uses for coffee grounds for you! Used coffee grounds can be used for many different things. Before you toss them in the trash, take a look at these unusual uses for coffee grounds that may come in handy.
Uses for Coffee Grounds
Coffee grounds for cellulite
1. Mix ½ cup of used coffee grounds with 2 tablespoons of olive oil or coconut oil. Massage all over body while standing in the shower. Leave on for 10 minutes before showering. This mixture will exfoliate your skin and may also help to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
Do coffee grounds clean drains
2. Pour used coffee grounds down the sink or bathtub drain, followed by 3 drops of dish soap and a pot of boiling water. This will clean and clear the drain of clogs and built up grease.
Coffee ground face scrub
3. Mix a teaspoon of used coffee grounds into your facial mask. It will exfoliate the skin and the caffeine will smooth and tighten.
What are coffee grounds good for in the garden
4. If you have a garden, used coffee grounds are great to use as compost.
5. Sprinkle used coffee grounds around plants to keep ants away.
Other Uses for Coffee Grounds
6. Put used coffee grounds in a bowl in the freezer to remove funky odors.
7. After chopping fresh garlic, rub your hands with used coffee grounds to get the garlicky smell off your fingers.
8. When you give your dog a bath, add a tablespoon of used coffee grounds to the shampoo to help repel fleas.
9. Use used coffee grounds with dish soap to scrub a greasy pan.
10. Used coffee grounds with a teaspoon of vinegar and a cup of water can be used to dye eggs.
11. Add a teaspoon of used coffee grounds to your conditioner for extra soft and shiny hair.
12. If you make homemade soap, try adding used coffee grounds to your recipe. The caffeine has great skin benefits and the grounds exfoliate dry skin.
13. When choosing a perfume or scented candle, sniff used coffee grounds in between fragrances to keep everything from beginning to smell the same.
14. Run water and garbage disposal at the same time, add 1 teaspoon of used coffee grounds to the disposal to sharpen the blades.
15. Mix used coffee grounds with milk to make a paste. Apply to face and leave on for 10 minutes before rinsing to help treat acne.
Most of us can’t start the day without a cup of coffee, but who knew that the used grounds could come in handy for so many different things? I hope you try some of these uses for coffee grounds and let me know what you think!
Do you know of other Uses for Coffee Grounds? Share it with us below.
Also try our yummy coffee recipes: