Last March, I was privileged to have been able to attend the Wholly Guacamole event at Blissdom 2013. It was fun learning some new recipes and using Wholly Guacamole. Today, I’m sharing with you a super delectable frittata recipe made by Chef Alex Thomopoulos for Wholly Kitchen Experience. This is the perfect brunch recipe that will keep you full the whole day and it’s a gluten free recipe too.
Wholly Southwest Frittata Recipe
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 cup corn tortilla chips, lightly crushed
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup Wholly Salsa® Medium dip, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 cup manchego cheese, shredded
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 scallions, chopped, to serve
- Wholly Guacamole® Home-style dip, to serve
- Sour cream, to serve
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2. Preheat a 9-inch cast-iron skillet or other ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and swirl to coat the surface of the pan.
- 3. Add onions, season with salt and pepper and cook until soft and golden brown. Add the zucchini and tortilla chips and cook another 2 minutes until both have softened. Remove from heat.
- 4. In a large bowl whisk together eggs, water, Wholly Salsa® Medium dip, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture into the skillet and stir to evenly distribute the vegetables and tortilla chips. Sprinkle the Manchego cheese over the egg mixture and place in oven to bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the eggs set, the frittata puffs and turns golden brown. Remove from the oven, slice and serve with scallions, Wholly Guacamole® Home-style dip, Wholly Salsa® Medium dip and sour cream on the side.
Images & Recipe by Chef Alex T. for Wholly Guacamole.
Make sure to check out MadameDeals Recipes Page for more delicious recipes!
Topic: Frittata Recipe