Bloody Mary Recipe
When I attended Blissdom 2013 last March, I went to a fun Wholly Guacamole event. It was hosted by awesome superstar chef named John, who conceptualized and develop flavors for huge brands like Lays, Pizza Hut and now for Wholly Guacamole. In this event, I also learned how to make shrimp bloody mary, this is a recipe of Chef Alex Thomopoulos for Wholly Kitchen Experience. If you love the bloody mary cocktail, you are in for a surprise because this bloody mary recipe features a nice twist to the flavor, and for those who are gluten sensitive, good news because this is a gluten-free recipe.
Bloody Mary Recipe: Wholly™ Roasted Tomato Bloody Mary with Shrimp Recipe
- 3/4 pound 21/25 wild shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 34 ounces tomato juice
- ½ cup Wholly Salsa® Roasted Tomato
- 1 1/2 cups wheat-free vodka
- 2 limes, 1 lime juiced and 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 5-6 dashes hot sauce
- Chili powder and salt, mixed for garnish
- 1 head celery, separated into stalks
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in cold water for at least 1 hour
- 1. Preheat a grill pan over medium high heat.
- 2. On 6 skewers, thread 3 shrimp each. On 6 other skewers, thread 3-5 grape tomatoes each. Rub both the tomatoes and shrimp skewers with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place skewers on the grill. Cook tomatoes until they char and soften. Cook shrimp until charred and pink. Remove and reserve on skewers.
- 3. In a large pitcher combine tomato juice, vodka, Wholly Salsa® Roasted Tomato dip, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. Rub the rim of each glass with a lime and dip into the chili powder and salt mixture. Fill glasses with ice and evenly distribute the cocktail. Garnish each glass with a celery stalk, 1 tomato skewer, 1 shrimp skewer and lime wedges.
The first photo and this Recipe is by Chef Alex T. for Wholly Guacamole.
Make sure to check out MadameDeals Recipes Page for more delicious recipes!
Topic: Bloody Mary